TeamJem
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TeamJem

A site of bachelor fans and good friends!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Articles / Press Releases

+31
Jeepers
Cinnabarry
Lucky2488
realityfan26
trueloveforever
Cowgirl
amartin7
jefsbluesox
Amandaz
theOfficeRules
lwv871
proudmommy
betsyeas
specialkape
Northstargirl
jemily2012
Marta in FL
Kimmy
Gracerebecca
prettyinpink
northstargir
TNGirl
pander3575
goodgal1
nutty1
princess81320
JenTen1585
loveski
mnmhughes
Daliana
nanab
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 12]

151Articles / Press Releases - Page 6 Empty Re: Articles / Press Releases Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:45 am

Why Hunky Bachelor Sean Lowe Is a Self-Proclaimed "Nerd"

Sean Lowe wears his heart on his sleeve every week on TV as The Bachelor, but there's one thing he says fans might be surprised to learn about his personality.

"Most people don’t know that I’m weird and nerdy," he tells Life & Style. "I love to read, and I do nerdy things. I do math in my head for fun. I do crossword puzzles; I quiz my friends on historical facts. Most people don’t peg me that way."

Maybe it's those cut biceps and rock-hard abs that send a different message?

"[The women] see me as a jock but I like to nerd out and talk about weird things," he shares. "I don’t like clubs and bars. I’d rather see an indie film at a local theater."

Nerd or jock, one thing's for sure: Sean has a handful of women who want to get their hands—and lips—on him, and on next week's special double episodes (airing Monday at 8p.m. and Tuesday at 9 p.m. on ABC), things are only about to get steamier as his relationships heat up physically.

"Your body leads you one way but your mind leads you another," says Sean. "You’ll see it play out!"

Tune in Monday at 8 p.m. and then Tuesday at 9 p.m. on ABC to see Sean's journey to love unfold!

http://www.lifeandstylemag.com/entertainment/news/why-hunky-bachelor-sean-lowe-self-proclaimed-nerd

152Articles / Press Releases - Page 6 Empty Re: Articles / Press Releases Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:48 am

jefsbluesox

jefsbluesox

Ladybug82 wrote:Why Hunky Bachelor Sean Lowe Is a Self-Proclaimed "Nerd"

Sean Lowe wears his heart on his sleeve every week on TV as The Bachelor, but there's one thing he says fans might be surprised to learn about his personality.

"Most people don’t know that I’m weird and nerdy," he tells Life & Style. "I love to read, and I do nerdy things. I do math in my head for fun. I do crossword puzzles; I quiz my friends on historical facts. Most people don’t peg me that way."

Maybe it's those cut biceps and rock-hard abs that send a different message?

"[The women] see me as a jock but I like to nerd out and talk about weird things," he shares. "I don’t like clubs and bars. I’d rather see an indie film at a local theater."

Nerd or jock, one thing's for sure: Sean has a handful of women who want to get their hands—and lips—on him, and on next week's special double episodes (airing Monday at 8p.m. and Tuesday at 9 p.m. on ABC), things are only about to get steamier as his relationships heat up physically.

"Your body leads you one way but your mind leads you another," says Sean. "You’ll see it play out!"

Tune in Monday at 8 p.m. and then Tuesday at 9 p.m. on ABC to see Sean's journey to love unfold!

http://www.lifeandstylemag.com/entertainment/news/why-hunky-bachelor-sean-lowe-self-proclaimed-nerd

Hmmm...and Catherine just retweeted this.

Notebook of Love ‏@Notebook

Being called weird is like being called Limited Edition. Meaning you're something people don't see that often. Remember that.
Retweeted by Catherine Giudici

153Articles / Press Releases - Page 6 Empty Re: Articles / Press Releases Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:49 am

Great minds! I just posted it in Catherine's thread under your post there! Things that make you go hmmmm..... giggle

154Articles / Press Releases - Page 6 Empty Re: Articles / Press Releases Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:56 am

northstargir

northstargir

This was no coincidence! Catherine was mirroring and addressing Sean's latest interview! Fan Girl

155Articles / Press Releases - Page 6 Empty Re: Articles / Press Releases Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:24 pm

"The Bachelor' bachelorette Selma Alameri: Sean Lowe is "just a perfect human being"

By Elizabeth Kwiatkowski, 02/01/2013

The Bachelor bachelorette Selma Alameri got her first one-on-one date with Sean Lowe during Monday night's broadcast of the ABC reality dating competition.
Selma, a 29-year-old real estate developer from San Diego, CA, overcame a difficult rock climbing challenge with Sean to prove she wasn't a "prissy" or strictly "glamorous" girl during their date. And while they enjoyed a romantic evening together, Selma opened up to Sean by telling him she couldn't kiss him out of respect for her Muslim culture and traditional mother. Sean appreciated and respected Selma's decision, intensifying their mutual physical attraction.

During a conference call with reporters on Thursday, Selma talked about her The Bachelor experience thus far. Click here to read what she had to tell Reality TV World. Below are some additional highlights from her call. Check back with Reality TV World on Monday for more
Do you think the fact your family didn't want you kissing a guy on TV put you at a disadvantage in the competition? And if it did put you at a disadvantage, then does that mean Sean wouldn't be the guy for you?

Selma Alameri: See now, I did feel like it might put me at a disadvantage. I was afraid of that coming into it and I explained that to my family also. I was like, "I'm going there to win someone's heart, so all these other women can show their affection and I can't. I'm afraid that he's going to take that as an, 'I don't really like him.'"

But at the end of the day, Sean is just an amazing man that he totally understood and it really didn't matter. So I did feel it would put me at a disadvantage, but at the end of the day, no. I don't think it did.

How did you feel about having to deal with all the drama in the house, especially with Tierra LiCausi, who seems to be at the center of it?

Selma Alameri: I honestly, being there, I kind of kept myself out of the drama because I was trying to stay focused on one thing and one thing only. But there was so much drama with her, and now looking back at it, I'm like, "Oh my gosh. There was so much drama. Like how did I even tolerate this so much?"

But for the most part, I kept myself out of it. But I did feel bad for all of us, to be honest, because it was a daily dramatic episode. It was so crazy. (Laughs)

With the morals and values you exhibited on Monday night, some people are wondering whether this is the right place for you -- that maybe The Bachelor is kind of a weird spot to put yourself in considering you don't want to kiss a man on television, etc. Did you ever regret going on the show or find yourself saying, "This is not the right place for me?"

Selma Alameri: Well, my thoughts on that were my family didn't say, "Don't show emotion. Don't fall in love." They simply said, "Do not makeout with someone on television." So to me, I don't need to makeout with a man to know whether I like him or to know whether our lives are going in the same path and whether I can see a future with him.

It's more so his touch, his caring, the way he looks at me -- that's really what matters at the end of the date, not making out with him. So, no. I was like, "I can easily fall in love with a man without having to makeout with him," you know?

And really, I feel like he thought, "Yeah, I could tell whether I could be with this girl for the rest of my life or not without having to makeout with her either." Because I saw it in his eyes, you know? He could easily see himself falling in love with somebody without having to physically do it.

If you do end up with Sean in the end and fall in love without kissing, is he someone that could even fit in with your family? Do you think he'd be accepted because he's obviously grown up fairly differently from you.

Selma Alameri: Yeah, you know what? It's funny because yeah, my brother-in-law is actually blonde hair, blue eyes, Catholic, very American. Our family is American. We do live the American culture. We do date. It's not like we don't. My mom clearly knows we do. My mom knows I kissed a boy before and she's very goofy and loving and we do very normal things.

But it was more so just for the people that are in our Arab circle. She was like, "I just don't want them to have to talk about us. I don't want to give them ammo and for them to think that you guys are bad girls."

But in our family, clearly we date. My sister is married to an American boy and it's not -- he would fit right in. And all my other sisters, they have boyfriends. They're all American. Every guy I've ever dated is American. So he would've definitely fit right in. It's just, he had to stand the test of time for that moment.

Did you know The Bachelor star was Sean going into the show?

Selma Alameri: Yeah, I went in with the hope that it was Sean, but we didn't find out until the night before that it was. I was definitely happy about it because he is, at the end of the day, just a perfect human being.

What was the rock climbing experience like for you? You seemed afraid at first but then really took the bull by its horns.

Selma Alameri: It's so funny because they don't show a whole lot of how scared I really was. I was like freaking out. I was so nervous because I really do have a fear of heights and I've never been rock climbing before.

I do love adventure and I hike all the time, but to go climb a vertical 100-foot rock, I was at the bottom of that thing staring at it like, "I don't even know where you want me to start." (Laughs) And I was looking at him like, "If I survive this, you would be lucky if I still like you after this." (Laughs)

But at the end of the day, it was like survival mode and I literally just hauled ass up that rock. I was like, "I can't even think about anything. I can't think about where I am, what I'm doing" -- I just blocked it out of my mind and started crawling. (Laughs)

It was like, "Go team, go!" And when I got up there, I never loved Sean so much, because he really did, at that moment -- everyone's like, "Oh, he should've given you the glamour date."

And I'm like, "No way. He really gave me a chance to prove to the world that I'm more than just a glamour girl," because I am. I'm in gym clothes my whole life, you know? So I was really, really happy and I really did love him so much for giving me the opportunity to prove myself that way.

Did you think the variety of dates makes it unfair for some of the girls, meaning like some bachelorettes get glamorous dates while others have to jump off buildings and stuff like that?

Selma Alameri: I think it's totally fair. I didn't mind it one bit. I loved it as a matter of fact, because for him to have taken me on a glamour date, it would've been so cliche. "Oh take the glamour girl on a glamour date," please, like think of something more exciting -- be a little more clever than that. But I mean, taking an Iraqi to the desert, I don't know. (Laughs) I was like, "Okay."

But I honestly do think it's fair. I think that he picks certain girls for certain things just to kind of test them, and that's the whole point of the dates. You want to test the person you're with. You want to see if this is going to work for them, because these are probably things he would do on a daily basis.

And he wants to see, "Can this girl handle that? Let's take this girl on a glamour date and see if she could handle that. Is this something she would like doing?" So honestly, I think it's very smart that he takes them out of their element and kind of tests them a little bit.

Click here to read what Selma had to tell Reality TV World. Above are some additional highlights from her call with reporters. Check back with Reality TV World on Monday for more.

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/the-bachelor-bachelorette-selma-alameri-sean-lowe-is-just-perfect-human-being-14372.php

156Articles / Press Releases - Page 6 Empty Re: Articles / Press Releases Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:26 pm

The Bachelor's Selma Alameri: Tierra Has Sean 'So Fooled'

It isn't often that Bachelor fans are shocked by the lack of kissing, but that's exactly what happened Monday when Selma Alameri, a San Diego real estate developer raised by strict Muslim parents, refused to make out with Sean Lowe on their one-on-one date in the desert. Selma, 29, explained her actions (or, well, lack there of) and talked about "black sheep" Tierra during a press call on Thursday.

You seemed disappointed – not to mention scared – when Sean took the "Iraqi to the desert" for rock climbing.
I was so scared but [I went into] survival mode and hauled ass up that rock. I was like, "I can't think about where I am or what I am doing or I'll go out of my mind." I loved him so much for him giving me the opportunity to prove to the world that I am more than just a glamour girl.

Refusing to kiss Sean had everyone talking. Why wouldn't you kiss him?
I don't believe that showing affection in public is a bad thing but my mom does. ... Her one simple request was don't make out with somebody on television. ... She didn't mind that I was going to do the show, which is so huge, and she clearly knows that I go on dates and that I've kissed a boy before. It was more for the people in our Arab circle. ... We have such a strong culture and my family is big in my life, so I needed to test Sean to see if he'd respect my family and culture. And it was a huge test for me to see if I could resist.

Did you regret withholding kisses or worry it'd put you at a disadvantage?
Honestly, I never regret anything ... [I was] afraid that he'd take that as [as a sign that] I don't really like him. But Sean is such an amazing man that he totally understood.

You said you wouldn't kiss Sean until you were last woman standing. Seriously?
At that moment, I meant it. ... I didn't know if I would end up kissing him. Things change. Life happens. You act on emotion. You'll have to wait and see what ended up happening.

Acknowledging the obvious cultural and religious differences, if Sean does pick you in the end, would he be welcomed by your family?
Yeah. Our family is American and lives the American culture. I was born into a Muslim family. I'm spiritual and believe in God, but I'm not a practicing Muslim. My brother-in-law is blond-haired, blue eyed, very Catholic, very American. Every guy I've ever dated was American. He would fit right in.

If it can't be you, which of your housemates should end up with Sean?
None. I'm the best match for him. That was my man.

But seems Sean is falling for many girls at once.
I believe him that he has a connection with each of the girls. I loved and got along with all the girls in the house after living with them and all the drama with the exception of one. We won't mention in names.

Assuming you mean Tierra, was she as bad as she seems on TV?
Tierra was definitely the black sheep. ... She just doesn't know how to get along with other girls. Not everybody can handle dating a man with [25] other women – it's harder than you realize – but you signed up for this so don't take it out on us. I was like, "Lady, hide your crazy for a little bit."

It's hard to believe Sean doesn't see that side of her.
I don't blame him because she was so good at switching it on and off. She's got him so fooled. He didn't live with us or see her daily. She was a completely different person with him. I'd watch her with Sean and she'd be batting her eyelashes and be like a sweet puppy just looking into his eyes.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20670004,00.html

157Articles / Press Releases - Page 6 Empty Re: Articles / Press Releases Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:28 pm

Sean Lowe Premarital Sex Views to Be Addressed on The Bachelor

"Obviously it's way too early now," Harrison said, but it will "absolutely" be an issue. "He doesn't mind kissing and that's where the relationships are, but as we get closer to fantasy suites and overnights, it comes up, and he's very open about it."

Chris says Sean Lowe "wears his religion and his heart on his sleeve" and therefore did not have a problem with Selma's decision not to kiss him on screen this week.

"I would think for maybe another Bachelor it would matter, but with Sean it only helps and it only adds to the attraction," he said.

"Sean is a slow mover. He's not one to go jump into bed with just anybody, and the fact that a girl wants to take it very slow is totally fine."

"That will never be a deterrent for him."

"I also think it raised her stock and made her more intriguing, but how long will that work? At some point he's going to want to say, 'Okay, I want to kiss you'."

Check out The Bachelor spoilers, if you dare, to learn when that might be, and tell us: Does Sean wanting to take things slow only make him more attractive?

Read more celebrity gossip at: http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2013/02/sean-lowe-premarital-sex-views-to-be-addressed-on-the-bachelor/#ixzz2JkHSgPDd

158Articles / Press Releases - Page 6 Empty Re: Articles / Press Releases Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:20 pm

goodgal1

goodgal1

Ladybug82 wrote:Sean Lowe Premarital Sex Views to Be Addressed on The Bachelor

"Obviously it's way too early now," Harrison said, but it will "absolutely" be an issue. "He doesn't mind kissing and that's where the relationships are, but as we get closer to fantasy suites and overnights, it comes up, and he's very open about it."

Chris says Sean Lowe "wears his religion and his heart on his sleeve" and therefore did not have a problem with Selma's decision not to kiss him on screen this week.

"I would think for maybe another Bachelor it would matter, but with Sean it only helps and it only adds to the attraction," he said.

"Sean is a slow mover. He's not one to go jump into bed with just anybody, and the fact that a girl wants to take it very slow is totally fine."

"That will never be a deterrent for him."

"I also think it raised her stock and made her more intriguing, but how long will that work? At some point he's going to want to say, 'Okay, I want to kiss you'."

Check out The Bachelor spoilers, if you dare, to learn when that might be, and tell us: Does Sean wanting to take things slow only make him more attractive?

Read more celebrity gossip at: http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2013/02/sean-lowe-premarital-sex-views-to-be-addressed-on-the-bachelor/#ixzz2JkHSgPDd

Wonder if he kissed her off screen?

159Articles / Press Releases - Page 6 Empty Re: Articles / Press Releases Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:10 pm

Gaining week to week (+11%), ABC earned its most-watched Monday since November 26, 2012 The Net ranked #1 on Monday with Women 18-34 for the 4th straight week.

Head to head from 8-10pm, ABC’s The Bachelor defeated NBC’s The Biggest Loser 14 in Adults 18-49 for the 3rd week straight week, leading by a best-yet 20% (up from 9% the prior week). The Bachelor won its 2-hour time slot in Women 18-34 for the 4th week in a row. Despite facing CBS’ all-original comedy block, The Bachelor retained nearly all of its prior week season high numbers in Total Viewers (99%) and Adults 18-49 (96%) .

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/02/05/abcs-the-bachelor-beats-the-biggest-loser-by-a-season-best-20-percent/168091/

160Articles / Press Releases - Page 6 Empty Re: Articles / Press Releases Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:47 pm

TRANSCRIPT FROM THE JANUARY 31 "THE BACHELOR" TELECONFERENCE WITH SELMA

"The Bachelor" airs MONDAYS (8:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

Photography is available at www.abcmedianet.com or at (818) 460-6611.

Operator: Welcome to ABC's "The Bachelor" call with Cathy Rehl as the leader. This call is being recorded. By staying on this call you are confirming that you consent to this recording. If you do not wish to be recorded please disconnect from the call at this time. Thank you. Ms. Rehl you may begin your call.

Cathy Rehl: Welcome everybody today we have someone who is still in the running to be with Sean at the end and it's Selma. Her last name is pronounced Alameri and it's spelled A-L-A-M-E-R-I and she is on the phone with us from San Fran -- I'm sorry from San Diego. And I just want to remind you that we have a two night event coming up next week.

So on Monday we will be on our regular time at 8 p.m. but on Tuesday we have a brand new episode and it will be on at 9 pm. So just to make sure I think you all know about this, but if you don't there is lots of drama, lots of shocking eliminations. We're not just saying that like as we normally might do. But there really are some big fireworks.

So with that we'll take again our usual question and a follow up and we can start with that right now.

Operator: And ladies and gentlemen if you would like to ask a question please press star then the number one on your telephone key pad. Your first question comes from Gina Scarpa from RealityWanted.com.

Gina Scarpa: Hey good morning Selma.

Selma Alameri: Hi good morning how are you doing?

Gina Scarpa: Good thanks so I kind of have a two part question. First I was wondering if you felt like the fact that your family is strict values, you know the fact that they didn't want you kissing someone on TV, if that put you at a disadvantage, but also if it did put you at a disadvantage then does that mean Sean wouldn't be the guy for you?

Selma Alameri: See now I -- I did feel like it did put me at a disadvantage. I was afraid of that coming into it and I explained that to my family also. I was like you know I'm going there to win someone's heart so all these other woman can show their affection and I can't. You know I'm afraid that he's going to take it as I don't really like him. But at the end of the day Sean is just such an amazing man that he totally understood and it really didn't matter. So, you know, I did feel it would put me at a disadvantage but end of the day no I don't think it did.

Gina Scarpa: Great and then also there's been a lot of talk about Tierra this season and a lot of the women have strong opinions about her. I was wondering how you felt dealing with the drama in the house and she seems to be the center of pretty much all of it.

Selma Alameri: You know I honestly being there -- I kind of kept myself out of the drama because I was just trying to stay focused on one thing and one thing only, but there was so much drama with her and now looking back at it I'm like oh my God, this girl is just so much drama, like how did I even tolerate this so much but you know for the most part I kept myself out of it, but I did feel bad for all of us, to be honest, because it was a daily dramatic episode. It was like it was so crazy.

Gina Scarpa: Well thank you so much, good luck to you.

Selma Alameri: Thank you.

Operator: Your next question comes from Beth Kwiatkowski from Reality TV World.

Beth Kwiatkowski: Hi Selma how are you?

Selma Alameri: I am doing good how are you doing?

Beth Kwiatkowski: I'm doing great. So you told the cameras during Monday night's episode that you weren't planning on kissing Sean until you were the last woman standing. Were you kind of joking about that or completely serious and if you made it all the way to the end would you literally hold out on kissing Sean until that final moment of the season?

Selma Alameri: Well, you know, I honestly, at that moment, I was kind of saying what I thought I was going to do -- like I want to hold out and I was just rolling with the punches. I didn't know what was going to happen. I didn't know if I was going to end up kissing him or if I wasn't, because things change. Life happens, you know?

You don't know -- you act on emotion. You don't know what is going to happen. So, for that moment, yeah, I really did mean it saying it. But you'll have to wait and see, you know, what ended up happening. But honestly I did -- I really did feel that way, and you know (inaudible).

Beth Kwiatkowski: Okay and -- I'm sorry what was that?

Selma Alameri: No go ahead I'm sorry.

Beth Kwiatkowski: Oh OK. In his blog Chris Harrison said you wanted to kiss Sean and really didn't necessarily seem to believe that dating publicly is wrong nor is kissing, but you felt compelled just out of respect for your parents and their believes to refrain from kissing Sean. You know he then wondered whether that would be something you'd ultimately regret.

So I guess my question is could you talk a little bit about your thoughts on that like did you develop a slight feeling of resentment or regret as the season progressed.

Selma Alameri: No, no I 'm the type of person who never regrets anything I do. Honestly I feel like everything is meant to happen. But I -- I really don't believe that showing affection in public is a bad thing like my mom does. But you know at the end of the day she is my mother and she had one simple request. She didn't mind that I was going to do the show, which is huge in our culture. You know, it's big enough to just be going on a dating show but her one request just please just don't make out with him on television, don't be that girl, you know. So to me it was honestly a simple request and I needed to test Sean to see if he would respect my family and my culture as well, you know.

Because we do have just strong culture, you know, and my family is so big in my life so it was sort of a test for him as well and you know it was a huge test for me to see if I could resist even, you know.

Beth Kwiatkowski: Absolutely, OK thanks so much Selma.

Selma Alameri: No problem.

Operator: You next question comes from (Carry Bell) from People Magazine.

(Carry Bell): Good morning I ...

Selma Alameri: Good morning.

(Carry Bell): I am wondering -- a lot has been said about whether or not someone with the values that you obviously exhibited on Monday night that this is the right place for you. That maybe, you know, I don't know the fact that you didn't want to kiss on television or slut it up or whatever makes this kind of a weird spot to put yourself in. Did you ever regret going on the show? I mean did you kind of ever feel like oh yeah maybe this is it. If I shouldn't be kissing in public or I shouldn't be, you know, showing a national audience, or an international audience for that matter, that you know I don't want to be kissing this is not the right place for me.

Selma Alameri: Well my thoughts on that was my family didn't say don't show emotion and don't fall in love. They simply said do not make out with somebody on television. You know, so to me I don't need to make out with a man to know whether I like him or to know whether our lives are going in the same path and whether I can see a future with him. It's more so, you know, his touch his -- his caring, the way he looks at me, that's really what matters at the end of the day not making out with him. So no, I was like I can easily fall in love with him and without having to make out with him, you know.

Really I feel like he thought yes I could tell whether I could be with this girl for the rest of my life or not without having to make out with her either because I saw it in his eyes, you know. He could easily see himself falling in love with somebody without having to physically, you know, do it.

(Carry Bell): OK. And then my other question is if say you do end up with Sean in the end and you can fall in love without kissing and all of that stuff, I mean is he someone that could even fit in with your family? I mean is this something that he would be accepted because he's obviously grown up fairly differently than you.

Selma Alameri: Yeah, you know what it's funny because yeah my brother-in-law is actually blonde hair, blue eyes, a catholic, very American and our family is American. We do live the American culture, you know, we do date. It's not like we don't. My mom clearly knows we do. My mom knows I've kissed a boy before, but and she's very goofy and loving and we do very normal things.

But it was more so just for the people that, you know, that is in our (inaudible) circle. She was like, you know, I just don't want them to have to talk about us, I don't want, you know, I don't want to give them ammo and, you know, for them to think that you guys are bad girls like. But in our family, clearly we date, my sister is married to an American boy and it's not -- it's not he would have fit right in. And all my other sisters, you know, they have boyfriends, they're all American.

Every guy I've ever dated is American, so he would have definitely fit right in. You know he just had to stand the test of time for that moment.

(Carry Bell): Right. Did you know it was Sean going in?

Selma Alameri: Did I know it was Sean?

(Carry Bell): Yeah, I mean did you -- I mean did you kind of go with the hopes it was Sean or know that it was Sean?

Selma Alameri: Yeah I went in with the hopes that it was Sean but we didn't find out until the night before that it was and I was definitely happy about it because he is at the end of the day just such a perfect human being, you know.

(Carry Bell): Okay great -- have fun.

Operator: Your next question comes from Caryn Robbins from Broadway World TV.

Caryn Robbins: Hi Selma how are you?

Selma Alameri: Oh I'm good how are you doing?

Caryn Robbins: I'm good thanks. I wanted to ask you about another aspect of your date with Sean this week. I was so impressed how you scrambled up that steep cliff. It appeared at the beginning that you had a fear of heights and that it wasn't going to happen and then you got right up there. I was just wondering what that experience was like.

Selma Alameri: You know it's so funny because they don't show a whole lot of how scared I really was. I was like freaking out I was so nervous because I really do have a fear of heights and I'd never been rock climbing before and I mean I do love adventure and I hike all the time but to go climb a vertical hundred foot rock, I was at the bottom of that thing staring at it like I don't even know where you want me to start.

And I'm looking at him like if I survive this you would be lucky if I still like you after this. But at the end of the day it was like survival mode and I literally just hauled ass up that rock. I was like I can't even think about anything, I can't think about where I am, what I'm doing. I just blocked it out of my mind and just started crawling like go team go.

And when I got up there I never loved Sean so much because he really did at that moment everyone is like oh he should have given you the glamour date and I'm like no way. He really gave me a chance to prove to the world that like you know I'm more than just a glamour girl, because I am. I actually -- I'm in gym clothes my whole life, you know.

So I was really really happy and I really did love him so much for giving me the opportunity to prove myself that way.

Caryn Robbins: OK and you sort of answered my next question which is it seems kind of unfair that some girls get the glamour dates as you called it and others have to jump off the top of a skyscraper or do what you did and I was just wondering if you thought that that was fair.

Selma Alameri: You know I think that -- I think it's totally fair. I didn't mind it one bit. I loved it as a matter of fact because for him to have taken me on a glamour date it would have so clichŽ. Oh take the glamour girl on a glamour date, please. You know like think of something like exciting, be a little more clever than that. But I mean taking an Iraqi to the desert, I don't know. I was like OK.

But I mean I honestly I do think it's fair, I think that he does it -- he picks certain girls for certain things just to kind of test them and that's the whole point of the dates. You want to test the person you're with you want to see if this is going to work for them because these are probably things that he would do on a daily basis and he wants to see can this girl handle that.

OK let's take this (inaudible) girl to a glamour date and see if she could handle that you know, if this is something she would like doing. So honestly I think it's very smart that he takes them out of their element and kind of tests them a little bit.

Caryn Robbins: Okay thanks so much.

Selma Alameri: ... two colors.

Caryn Robbins: Oh you're welcome.

Operator: Your next question comes from Lauren Wang from KITV.

Lauren Wang: Hey Selma how are you?

Selma Alameri: Hi Lauren good, how you doing?

Lauren Wang: Good. So who did you get along with best at the house you said you kind of kept to yourself but was there one particular girl that you got along with well?

Selma Alameri: You know I didn't like keep to myself I just kept away from the drama. I actually got along with all the girls. I -- I really did but I would have to say I was closest with AshLee. You know her and I were sort of the oldest ones in the house. She might kill me for saying that, but we were so we -- we got a long best but I really did enjoy all the girls that lived in the house. They were all amazing. Well, with the exception of one.

Lauren Wang: We won't mention any names.

Selma Alameri: Yes, we won't mention any names.

Lauren Wang: Did you think everyone including yourself has been portrayed pretty accurately?

Selma Alameri: Actually yes. It's funny because I was so afraid that they were going to make me out to be something I wasn't. I was like oh my God, you know, like you know like you never know with reality television what's going to happen but I mean honestly they can't -- they really can't make you someone you're not. So yes I think everyone has been portrayed like very accurately.

Lauren Wang: OK great Selma thanks so much, good luck.

Selma Alameri: Thank you.

Operator: Your next question comes from Rebecca Fontana from In Touch Weekly.

Rebecca Fontana: HI Selma.

Selma Alameri: Hi Rebecca.

Rebecca Fontana: So my question is I know you just mentioned that you were closest with AshLee but who would you say was the nicest and most trusted girl in the house. Would you say that was her also? And then also who was the least genuine house besides Tierra. Obviously we've heard about her already.

Selma Alameri: Honestly I felt like the most I don't know about the most trusted, I felt like the girls came to me the most because I was sort of like mother hen for some reason. I loved AshLee but you know she did keep to herself a little bit and I mean I felt like the girls came to me more than anything but as far as being the most untrustworthy I honestly couldn't tell you anybody else but Tierra.

Like all the girls got along so well and we've, you know, sort of confided in each other but definitely Tierra was the black sheep and I can honestly say that was the only person that no one really got a long with.

Rebecca Fontana: Oh OK would you say AshLee was like one of the most genuine people in the house?

Selma Alameri: She was, yes, definitely one of the most genuine people. I absolutely adored her. She was just to me she was just a little angel. You know she could do no harm. But that was just my opinion, I can't speak for the other girls. But I definitely thought she was one of the most genuine.

Rebecca Fontana: OH awesome. And what did you think about Leslie H? She just got eliminated?

Selma Alameri: Leslie H. You know I actually didn't get to know Leslie H too much because at that point there were so many girls and we were just barely, you know getting to know each other and she got eliminated so soon, so I didn't get to know too much about her but she was a sweetheart. You know she was a nice girl. I don't know that -- I never saw her and Sean together so I couldn't tell you what their love connection was or anything, but I -- now looking back on that I can't see any connection between them. You know, so --

Rebecca Fontana: All right, awesome. Thank you so much.

Operator: Your next question comes from Stacey Becker from Radio Business and Television.

Stacey Becker: Hi Selma.

Selma Alameri: Hello Stacy.

Stacey Becker: Hello, I had a question about your parents and was curious about did your parents or your mom watch the show and has their opinion changed about your time on the show and what did they think of Sean?

Selma Alameri: Yes. Yes my mom is watching the show and you know all my sisters and they definitely did change their opinion because they were like -- they were like Sean actually is such a sweet guy, you know, he is a very innocent person. He's sweet and he seems like a very like down to earth and definitely did change their mind especially that I kept to, you know, I stayed and did what they asked me to do so they were like OK we're not living in fear right now, because they definitely were for a minute, you know. I think it changed their mind about it. Definitely.

Stacey Becker: And would you say that you were in love with Sean?003826

Selma Alameri: Definitely, definitely.

Cathy Rehl: excuse me you're using that in the past tense?

Stacey Becker: Oh well I meant at the time of the show --

Cathy Rehl: It may not be a past tense.

Stacey Becker: -- like what we saw like at that point was she in love with Sean.

Cathy Rehl: Okay.

Selma Alameri: Yes I was just going to say at this point in my date I was definitely very, very crazy about him. And I could definitely see a future with a man like him, absolutely.

Stacey Becker: Okay, thank you Selma.

Operator: Your nest question comes from Ann Oldenberg from USA Today.

Ann Oldenberg: Hi Selma.

Selma Alameri: Hello.

Ann Oldenberg: I just want to clarify the kissing part. You said earlier that you didn't kiss him, we saw you not kiss him but that changed possibly later?

Selma Alameri: You'll have to wait and see I mean -- I can't give that away.

Ann Oldenberg: What about off camera would that have been okay?

Selma Alameri: I mean to my morals no it wouldn't have and honestly --

Ann Oldenberg: So it was kissing at all then was the objection or was it taboo?

Selma Alameri: Yeah, sort of, it was more so just being so public about it. I guess you can say what they didn't know wouldn't hurt them. You know so if I was off camera like I don't -- I don't think they would have figured it out but, you know, I can't give that one away.

Ann Oldenberg: And it is -- you are a Muslim? That is accurate -- that's what you said the other day right?

Selma Alameri: No, my family -- I was born into a Muslim family so my mom is practicing but I don't practice a religion at all. I don't practice any certain religion. I'm spiritual and believe in God but I'm not a practicing Muslim...no.

Ann Oldenberg: All right, all right thank you.

Operator: Once again to ask a question please press star then the number one. You have a follow up from Beth Kwiatkowski from Reality TV World.

Selma Alameri: Yes.

Operator: Beth please proceed with your question.

Beth Kwiatkowski: Hi Selma. In Sean's blog he said you fell asleep on his chest while flying to Joshua Tree, I think that's the first time I've heard in a while of a girl falling asleep during her one on one date that wasn't a fantasy suite date, obviously. So just curious like how long did you sleep for and when you woke up were you a little frustrated you slept during the small amount of time you could have spent talking to him or getting to know him better or did that just not cross your mind.

Selma Alameri: You know it's funny because we were both -- we had the rose ceremony the night before so we were both very, very, very tired, you know, woke up very early that morning and it was literally like a ten minute nap, like not even you know like we didn't even fall asleep we just kind of closed our eyes like okay let's just be peaceful for a minute.

Like I've been living in the house with the girls for so long and it's been so rowdy and there was always cameras in my face and you know I was like -- I just want a moment of peace so I wanted to just lay there with him for a minute just to see if that felt, you know, just to lay on his chest like and see hey does this feel good like can I Just sit here in silence with him because it's easy to hold a conversation with somebody and be comfortable but in my world it's not as easy to just sit there with somebody in silence and be okay with it.

So I kind of wanted to test that a little bit and I was really tired and it just seemed like a good moment to just kind of close our eyes and just rest for a second. I didn't really fall asleep I just kind of closed my eyes.

Beth Kwiatkowski: Okay, awesome. And you've talked a little bit about, you know, the girls that are really genuine in the house and how you were pretty much friend with everyone but you know if it can't be you that ends up with Sean is there another girl in the house you think would be a really good match for him?

Selma Alameri: Well no I think I'm the best match for him. Genuine or not I don't care that was my man.

Beth Kwiatkowski: All right, fair enough all right thanks Selma.

Operator: Your next question is a follow up from Carry Bell from People Magazine.

(Carry Bell): Can you -- I know you've like mentioned it through the call that Tierra was sort of the black sheep and it seems like you guys -- it seems like there was some cold -- I don't know exactly what happened and I know you can't obviously tell us but when it was happening, the drama of next week's episode, was this sort of something that everybody sort of said oh there goes Tierra again, this is just the next step in her evolution of drama or (inaudible) last moments where you were like I can't believe this is happen. I mean how did you feel in that moment?

Selma Alameri: I literally sat in silence and stared like duh, like didn't see that one coming. You know like it was just every time she did do something I was not surprised one bit like I was never surprised by what she did every and I would always say that like don't be surprised like she -- every time she comes out every time she's going to be around Sean there is going to be some kind of drama because that is how she gets attention.

End of story so don't be surprised when it happens. You know.

(Carry Bell): You think that -- are you seeing more now than as you watched it because obviously you weren't on the group date last week so you didn't see those sort of water works and everything but did everybody kind of talk about it when they came back from the date or are you seeing stuff now on TV that you're like oh my God she's even worse than I thought.

Selma Alameri: You know it's funny because they did when they came back that night it was so dramatic. Like I'm surprised that they didn't air all that because there was even more drama when you know they came home. I remember I was sleeping, I feel like I'm sleeping throughout this whole thing.

I don't know what's happening, but anyway I was sleeping and I just woke up to all this like arguing and back and forth hand I'm like what is going on and so I remember them telling me this story, what not and I kind of was like okay can we go back to bed it's not that serious, good night. You know but now that I'm watching it I'm like oh my God this girl, like I mean I -- I diagnose her bipolar for sure.

(Carry Bell): OK. Do you think that -- I mean everybody kind of talked like Sean does see it (inaudible) a different side and all this I mean do you - do you think that he can possibly I don't know that he could possibly continue to not see how crazy she is or do you think that maybe she is there for the right reasons because she wants Sean but she just doesn't get along with girls. I mean how do you think that works?

Selma Alameri: That's -- you know that's how I saw it when I was in the house. I was like and that's why I ignored it because I was like this girl just doesn't know how to get along with other people. Like with other girls especially and I thought about and I'm like not everybody is going to be comfortable in a situation like this. Not everybody can handle dating a man with 26 other women, as much as they come into it thinking maybe they can, no it's harder than your realize, you know. It sounds all easy in your head but then you start to gain feelings for this man and all of the sudden you go crazy.

But to me I'm still like lady hide your crazy for a little bit like you -- you know you signed up for this at the end of the day don't forget that and don't take it out on us like it's not our problem that you can't handle it. So I mean I don't know if she was there for the right reasons, I don't know what her deal is. Sean definitely did not see the like crazy side of her because she would literally be crazy with us and then I'd watch her with Sean and she'd be like batting her eyelashes and just like this sweet little puppy looking into his eyes.

And I'm like oh my God this girl has just got him so fooled. So you know I don't know. I don't know what her deal is and still can't figure it out to this day.

(Carry Bell): It's so hard because when you watch it back on television it's very easy to be like dude like wake up and smell the coffee. Like how do you not see that this is so fake or this is so crazy, you know but I imagine in the situation it's probably a lot harder to, you know, and especially because he's not seeing everything.

Selma Alameri: Yes.

(Carry Bell): It's just seems like OK. At some point I think he's got to -- I mean he's a smart dude and a nice guy, you know I feel like he's got to like wake up and be like oh wait. You're not the one for me, you know.

Selma Alameri: That's what, you know we were thinking at the time we were left, Sean's not a stupid man like he's a smart guy, he's very sharp, he's very you know like I'm sure he has a very good judge of character but at the end of the day he wasn't living with us. You know, he didn't see her on a daily basis, he saw her for, you know, the date and he -- and she would pretend to get along with us on the date.

Like she would start acting all nice to us and you know whatever so she just was a completely different person like it was crazy how she could switch it on and off and he really just didn't see it. And I don't blame him for not being able to see it at all because she was so good at it and I'm like all right, you know either someone is going to have to tell him or he's never going to see it because she could play this off so well.

(Carry Bell): OK great thank you.

Cathy Rehl: One thing I will -- one thing I will tell you before we continue is the upcoming two episodes first of all she's involved in the two on one date and you will see some really amazing group dates with her involved so.

Selma Alameri: (Inaudible).

Cathy Rehl: So if you think you've seen drama, you haven't seen drama yet.

Selma Alameri: Oh, no you haven't it's crazy. It doesn't end.

Operator: Your next question is a follow up with Beth Kwiatkowski from reality TV world.

Beth Kwiatkowski: HI Selma;

Selma Alameri: Hi.

Beth Kwiatkowski: So Amanda was kind of portrayed this season as being very quiet and guarded around the girls and kind of similar like you've been talking about Tierra a different person in front of Sean. You know one bachelorette once said she was sneering all night and another of the girls said she was simply "weird' I guess what were your impressions of Amanda were you a fan of hers and were you surprised at all that Sean sent her home?

Selma Alameri: Honestly I wasn't surprised that he sent her home because I didn't see a connection between them but I didn't mind Amanda at all I liked her. I thought she was -- she was very different and quiet but she wasn't mean or crazy or conniving or anything by no means. She was just sort of quiet, you know.

I mean she talked to all the other girls but she wasn't as outgoing as some of the other girls in the house who were. So maybe she both took that the wrong way but she defiantly wasn't like a conniving person or anything like that. She sort of kept to herself.

Beth Kwiatkowski: Okay, and so far this season a lot of viewers keep saying that Sean seems to think that every girl is "the one" after he has a special one on one date with them or, you know, some private time alone with certain girls and stuff and I guess while you're watching the season unfold what are your thoughts on that do think that is a little surprising of Sean or you know understand are you understanding of that?

Selma Alameri: No. I -- I actually kept saying I don't envy Sean like -- I feel so bad for him because there really were a lot of good catches this season. You know, but there was a lot of good girls and I -- he was in a really tough position because each girl was so sweet and was so genuine and you know they picked good girls for a good guy and they did a good job at it. So, I did think he had a hard task and I do think that he really genuinely really liked each girl because if I can really genuinely like each girl then, you know, he definitely could too.

As a girl and living in the house with them and drama and this, if I could still like them at the end of the day you know they're good girls, you know? So I believe him when he says he really had connections with each of them.

Beth Kwiatkowski: Okay perfect, thank you Selma.

Operator: And I show no further questions at this time.

Cathy Rehl: Well thank you everybody I appreciate you all being here today. The release for Monday's episode is out already. The release for Tuesdays will go out on Monday night after the show airs on the east coast, so you can be looking for that then as well as the photos for that episode. So thanks everybody if you have any question or problems please give me a call at 212-456-6749 otherwise we hope to hear from you and talk to you next week, thanks.

Operator: Ladies and gentlemen thank you for participating in today's conference you may now disconnect.
END

http://www.abcmedianet.com/assets/pr/html/020413_02.html

Last edited by Ladybug82 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:53 pm; edited 2 times in total

161Articles / Press Releases - Page 6 Empty Re: Articles / Press Releases Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:48 pm

Two New Magazine Issues that have Interviews with Sean. Haven't seen full articles yet though...

Articles / Press Releases - Page 6 6a00d810

Articles / Press Releases - Page 6 6a00d811

Last edited by Ladybug82 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

162Articles / Press Releases - Page 6 Empty Re: Articles / Press Releases Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:49 pm

Sean Lowe: Three Reasons He Makes The Bachelor Special

What is it about this season of The Bachelor?

For the past few installations, I've watched with just a passing interest, armed with my iPad so I can enjoy other diversions during the boring or painfully awkward Bachelor and Bachelorette dates.

The TV franchise has been around for so long that I was almost watching out of obligation ... I've spent so much of my life following these people and their televised quests for love that I've got to keep up for tradition's sake alone.

But this season is different. I'm excited for Monday nights and find myself watching without any outside distractions. I've had several girlfriends tell me they feel the same way – for some, after nearly deciding to stop watching the series entirely, they're excited about it all over again.

We've got Sean Lowe to thank for that.

Here's why I think the 29-year-old is a rare breed of Bachelor who's breathed new life into the long-running series:

1. He Seems Like a Truly Genuine Guy
In all honesty, Sean didn't wow me on Emily Maynard's season of The Bachelorette. I found him to be a little dull (sorry, Sean!) and not entirely believable. So I didn't expect to be thrilled by his turn handing out the roses. But week after week, I find myself really believing in his assertions that he's look for lasting love.

I mean, really, don't they all say that? But from night one, he's been straight up with his bachelorettes about his feelings, and he's just got that intangible "something" about him – you can't help but root for this guy. Even my often-jaded colleagues who've met him in person were impressed!

2. He's Easily Smitten
Maybe this makes him more endearing, or maybe it's indicative of the dramatics to come when he'll need to whittle down the list. Either way, I'm so tickled by the fact that after the majority of dates, Sean is just smitten by a new woman. So far, he seems to be falling for AshLee, Desiree, Lesley, Lindsay, Sarah, Selma and, of course, Tierra.

It's refreshing and sweet, not to mention believable ... What guy wouldn't fall for a group of beautiful women on budget-less dates?

3. He's Got Quite the Cast of Costars
Bravo to the casting department on this one. The mix of women vying for Sean's affections is diverse, dramatic and destined for medical emergencies. (Chris Harrison promises more ambulances this season!)

And did anyone else find last week's kiss-less date with Selma incredibly hot? They didn't need to get their lips involved for viewers to feel the intense heat between them. So this week, call me a marketer's dream: Two Bachelor episodes in the next two nights? Sold. Thanks, Sean.

This week's double episode of The Bachelor will air Monday (8 p.m. ET) and Tuesday at (9 p.m. ET) on ABC.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20670683,00.html

163Articles / Press Releases - Page 6 Empty Re: Articles / Press Releases Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:50 pm

THE WINTER WONDERLAND OF ALBERTA, CANADA, IS THE BACKDROP FOR BIG DRAMA AND SHOCKING ELIMINATIONS, AS SEAN COMES TO A HEARTBREAKING DECISION, ONABC'S "THE BACHELOR" The Two-Night Bachelor Event Concludes Tuesday, February 5,At a Special Time, 9:00-11:00 p.m., ET with an All-New Episode
"Episode 1706" - The two-night "Bachelor" special event concludes as Sean continues his journey around the world to find love, taking the nine remaining bachelorettes to spectacular Alberta, Canada. Catherine gets the first one-on-one date in Canada, meeting Sean on a remote glacier at Jasper National Park, followed by a fairy tale dinner in a magnificent ice castle. On the group date, Sean implores the seven women to strip down to their bathing suits and take a polar bear plunge in icy cold Lake Louise, but there are a few women who cause problems. The evening ends with Sean supplying an unexpected surprise. Desiree receives a terrifying individual date when the couple needs to rappel 400 feet down a cliff in Banff National Park. Nerves are at an all-time high, and Sean's feelings are growing for all of the women, but six will remain at the end of the night, on "The Bachelor," TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 5 (9:00-11:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

Catherine and Sean share a romantic tryst on a glacier in Jasper National Park as they are set to embark on a rugged joy ride in a monster snow truck. But will the blizzard-like weather freeze their chance to spark a connection? The winter fairy tale continues as they travel to a sparkling ice castle built just for them-even down to the roses frozen in the ice. Catherine will attempt to show her more serious side in hopes of melting Sean's heart and snagging a rose.

Sean leads seven women on a breathtaking canoe ride across the pristine glacial waters of Lake Louise. But then the Bachelor reveals his big surprise: he invites them to strip down to their swimsuits and jump into the near-freezing waters of the lake in a spine-chilling polar bear plunge. One woman refuses to participate, and yet another does but comes up "blue" and needs medical attention. She still shows up at the after party, but will this damsel in distress win a rose? Or will Sean reward another woman with whom he has forged a romantic connection?

The night isn't over, and Sean realizes that his relationship with one woman has run its course. Out of compassion, he feels he needs to say good-bye now. Feeling that this is for the best, he tries to let the devastated bachelorette down easy.

The next day, bubbly Desiree can't wait to get her second one-on-one date with Sean, but she might not feel the same when he takes her on a harrowing rappelling adventure down a terrifying 400-foot cliff. After the challenge, the two share an intimate conversation in a warm teepee hidden in the woods. Will Desiree open up and be more vulnerable with Sean or continue to push him away?

The drama ramps up as the rose ceremony draws close. It all leads to heart-wrenching and shocking exits. But the final six women get ready to pack their bags to travel to beautiful St. Croix in the U.S. Virgin Islands.
The nine women are:
AshLee, 32, personal organizer, Houston, TX
Catherine, 26, graphic designer, Seattle, WA
Daniella, 24, commercial casting associate, San Francisco, CA
Desiree, 26, bridal stylist, Los Angeles, CA
Lesley M., 25, political consultant, Washington, DC
Lindsay, 24, substitute teacher, Fort Leonard Wood, MO
Sarah, 26, advertising executive, Los Angeles, CA
Selma, 29, real estate developer, San Diego, CA
Tierra, 24, leasing consultant, Denver, CO

http://www.abcmedianet.com/assets/pr/html/020513_02.html

Last edited by Ladybug82 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

164Articles / Press Releases - Page 6 Empty Re: Articles / Press Releases Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:44 pm

THE BIGGEST MELTDOWN IN "BACHELOR" HISTORY TAKES CENTER STAGE
AS HOMETOWN DATES LOOM DURING A HOT TRIP TO ST. CROIX FOR SEAN
AND THE SIX REMAINING WOMEN, ON ABC'S "THE BACHELOR"

"Episode 1707" - The pressure mounts as the crucial hometown dates loom, but before returning stateside, Sean takes the remaining six bachelorettes to romantic St. Croix. AshLee not only risks revealing a secret about her past, but also decides to go on the attack when it comes to Tierra. Tierra, feeling anxious about her relationship with Sean and how the drama with the other women will influence his decision, desperately discloses something that will shock him. Lesley's individual date has her re-thinking her strategy. Sean, confused over whom he should send home, invites his sister to St. Croix to help him sort through his feelings. A huge drama erupts at the hotel and Sean knows what he must do, dropping two bombshells and leaving the four women who will take him home to meet his families, on "The Bachelor," MONDAY, FEBRUARY 11 (8:00-10:01 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

Sean scoops up AshLee for a romantic ride on a catamaran to a private island. They seem to be falling more and more in love. Sean feels so comfortable with AshLee that he asks her about the drama between the other women, and she wastes no time in trashing Tierra. However that night AshLee decides to share something about her past that might jeopardize her chance at getting a hometown date.

Tierra and Sean meet on the streets of St. Croix and explore the town. Sean takes this opportunity to ask his date about the rumors he has heard about her behavior, but she is quite unapologetic. But now Tierra is apprehensive about her chances of getting a hometown date, and takes a calculated risk divulging a stunning bit of information. But will it be enough?

Sean surprises three women, waking them up at 4:00 a.m. so they can go see the sunrise at the easternmost point of the U.S. During the day, the group travels across the island in time to see the sunset at the western edge of St. Croix. Each woman gets quality time with Sean. One bachelorette opens up about a dark family secret. Another woman breaks down talking about her family. But one makes a clear impression, gets the rose and captures a hometown date.

On the final day on the island, Sean hopes to push his relationship with Lesley along, feeling that it is behind the others. After exploring the ruins of the Mt. Washington sugar plantation, he asks her if there is anything else she would like to say. She worries about not sharing her true feelings with Sean and hopes that it won't keep her from taking him home to meet her family.

Sean's sister, Shay, journeys to St. Croix to help her brother sort out his feelings, and cautions him about what kind of woman would not be good for him. Meanwhile, two women are going at each other, one accusing the other of sabotaging her time with Sean. The accusation escalates into the [i]biggest[/i] meltdown in "Bachelor" history. Sean, however, doesn't have any idea what happened at the hotel, but soon sends a shockwave through the group. The women are panicked about what lies ahead at the rose ceremony and break into tears with self-doubt as they wonder what the Bachelor is really looking for in a soul mate. But Sean manages to narrow the field to the four lucky bachelorettes who will take him to their hometowns to meet their families.

The six women are:
AshLee, 32, personal organizer, Houston, TX
Catherine, 26, graphic designer, Seattle, WA
Desiree, 26, bridal stylist, Los Angeles, CA
Lesley M., 25, political consultant, Washington, DC
Lindsay, 24, substitute teacher, Fort Leonard Wood, MO
Tierra, 24, leasing consultant, Denver, CO

http://www.abcmedianet.com/assets/pr/html/020613_05.html

165Articles / Press Releases - Page 6 Empty Re: Articles / Press Releases Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:52 pm

Northstargirl

Northstargirl

So Catherine, Desiree and Lindsey go on the group date. I wonder who gets the rose. I want to think Catherine because she didn't get a second 1 to 1 and is the F1, but that's a pure guess.

166Articles / Press Releases - Page 6 Empty Re: Articles / Press Releases Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:13 am

Marta in FL

Marta in FL

Hadn't seen this here. My apologies if it has already been posted!

Wednesday, February 06, 2013
ABC Television
Network
PRESS RELEASE - PRESS RELEASE - ENTERTAINMENT -
The Bachelor: Sean
Tells All (2/19)
Print This Document
note: To use this function, upgrade
your browser: Quick Download

SEAN LOWE REVEALS HIS SIDE OF THE STORY
MIDWAY THROUGH HIS*
SEARCH TO FIND LOVE - DISCUSSING THE WOMEN, THE DRAMA AND
THE TEARS -*
ON A NEW SPECIAL, "THE BACHELOR: SEAN TELLS ALL," TUESDAY,
FEBRUARY 19 ON ABC

"Sean Tells All" - Sean joins Chris Harrison on a
revealing new one-hour special, sitting down to discuss the most recent woman
who left brokenhearted after the hometown dates. Viewers will also hear the
Bachelor's thoughts about some of the most unforgettable women that he sent home
in tears, as well as about this season's most controversial bachelorette,
Tierra. Never-before-seen footage and a sneak peek at the rest of Sean's journey
will also be featured, as he discusses his feelings about the final three women
who will fight to the finish for his heart and the final rose, on the special
"The Bachelor: Sean Tells All," TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 19 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET), on
the ABC Television Network.

On Tuesday, February 5, from 9:00-11:00 p.m.,
the second part of a two-night "Bachelor" grew to win its time period with
Adults 18-49 (2.6/7), beating CBS dramas by 13% ("NCIS: LA"/"Vegas" = 2.3/6) and
more than doubling NBC's two-hour second season opener of "Smash" (+136% -
1.1/3). *Up over Monday's telecast by 8% in Adults 18-49, the show achieved a
new season high. Excluding only "Dancing" premieres and finales, "The Bachelor"
delivered ABC's top entertainment Adult 18-49 rating in the time period since
May 17, 2011.

Hosted by Chris Harrison, "The Bachelor" is a production of
Next Entertainment in association with Warner Horizon Television. Mike Fleiss
and Martin Hilton are the executive producers.*

This special will be
available on ABC.com the day after airing on the network for users to watch
online. For more information on "The Bachelor" visit ABC.com.

167Articles / Press Releases - Page 6 Empty Re: Articles / Press Releases Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:17 am

pander3575

pander3575

Has Sean been able to deliever the audience that Emily wasn't?

168Articles / Press Releases - Page 6 Empty Re: Articles / Press Releases Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:30 am

nutty1

nutty1
Admin

They sure knew what they were doing picking Sean. His numbers are really good.
After reading that, I am not worried about the special. Maybe they needed a fill in show and figured his numbers were so good, so ran with it.

169Articles / Press Releases - Page 6 Empty Re: Articles / Press Releases Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:31 am

nutty1

nutty1
Admin

pander3575 wrote:Has Sean been able to deliever the audience that Emily wasn't?

I would say YES.

170Articles / Press Releases - Page 6 Empty Re: Articles / Press Releases Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:22 pm

nutty1

nutty1
Admin

I found the bolded to be quite interesting.

'The Bachelor's Sarah Herron: Catherine Giudici is the dark horse, and AshLee Frazier is not that fun

The Bachelor's Sarah Herron was one of three bachelorettes the show's star Sean Lowe chose to send packing during Tuesday night's broadcast of the reality dating series' seventeenth season on ABC.

Sarah, a 26-year-old advertising executive from Los Angeles, CA, was eliminated immediately following the group date in Alberta, Canada because Sean didn't want to make her go through the stress of a Rose Ceremony when he knew beforehand he wanted to send her home and she wasn't his future wife.

Afterwards, Sean chose to cut Selma Alameri, a 29-year-old real estate developer from San Diego, CA, and Daniella McBride, a 24-year-old commercial casting associate from San Francisco, CA, from the competition during the episode's Rose Ceremony.
RELATED LINKS
Reality TV World: The Bachelor 17
More The Bachelor 17 News

During a Thursday conference call with reporters, Sarah talked to Reality TV World about her The Bachelor elimination and the girls still in the running for Sean's heart. Below is what Sarah had to say. Check back with Reality TV World on Friday for more highlights from the call.

Reality TV World: Could you talk a little bit about why were you so upset when Sean eliminated you? You repeated in your final words you were embarrassed, but was that the only reason or was there more to it than that? Had you actually fallen in love with Sean at that point and is that what brought on the emotion?

Sarah Herron: I had very strong feelings for Sean and I think it's just human nature to feel embarrassed when you're dumped on television and you cry and you let yourself be as vulnerable as I let myself be.

I don't think I've ever let America or let alone my coworkers and friends see me as vulnerable as I was on the show, and you just feel a little embarrassed that you put it all out there and somebody didn't want to take it all in. So it was just hard, and yeah, it was a little embarrassing.

Reality TV World: Sean kind of thought he was doing you a favor by sending you home two days early, but at the same time, he singled you out and you later had to confront the girls about it and everything in tears. So do you agree with Sean's thought process that it was in your best interest to let you go early, or looking back on things, do you wish he had just let you go at the Rose Ceremony so you could kind of exit quietly?

Sarah Herron: Absolutely not. I think Sean handled it the best way. He and I actually did have a conversation and I said, "If I'm one of these girls that you ever feel our relationship is taking a step back, I want to talk about it and I want to know about it. And I think we can communicate about what's going on, and please, I just don't want to be the last girl standing at a Rose Ceremony without a rose, without an explanation -- just completely shocked."

So he knew that I was asking for an explanation, and I think that's what he gave me. He said, "Here's a girl who doesn't want to be strung along and who wants to be told how it is," and he respected that. And I think it's great. Even though I'm not happy with how things turned out, I respect the way he handled it and I don't think he could've done it any better.

Reality TV World: Sean seemed to determine he wanted to eliminate you when it kind of hit home for him that he may not be ready to meet your family after you showed him all those photos. Do you think things would've played out differently had you have waited to show him the pictures a little later on?

Sarah Herron: I've definitely thought about that and I don't think it would've changed Sean's mind. I think Sean had a pretty good idea about his feelings for me and his feelings for the other women, and the process of this show, it moves so fast and you need to be confident and sure of how you're feeling.

Whether I showed him pictures of my family on Night 1 or at the fantasy suite, I don't think those photographs changed how he was feeling about me. I think he knew how he felt and the photographs just probably made him realize, "Okay, I need to be honest with this girl sooner than later, because I don't want to hurt her."

Reality TV World: You said in your final words it's just sad to think about why Sean saw something in you and felt something for you at the beginning of the season. And I'm sure you've often reflected on your experience since then and replayed things in your mind over the past few months, so do you now have a theory on why Sean might've had the change of heart?

Sarah Herron: Yeah, I think, honestly, getting the first one-on-one date, as incredible and magical as it was, I think it was kind of a curse. Because we had an amazing connection right off the bat and then I had to sit back and just wait for him to develop these relationships with all of the other women who, each week I'm sure, a new girl was stepping into the forefront.

And so with each week, it became more and more difficult to sustain a connection while he was being introduced to all these other women. It gets really hard and I don't have the answer, and that's why I was so confused. It's hard to understand how somebody can like you so much in the beginning and feelings fizzle.

I mean, I think that's true for anybody in any relationship that hasn't worked out. You're always left wondering, "Why? Well why not? You used to like me so much and love me, so why do you not now?" So it's just a very, very confusing and sad feeling.

Reality TV World: What can you tell us about Catherine Giudici because until this week, she had never gotten a one-on-one date and there hasn't been much focus on her compared to the other girls.

Sarah Herron: Yeah, Catherine was kind of like, until this point, has been a little bit of a dark horse. She hasn't gotten too much air time. In the house, she wasn't even getting very much time with Sean. So, it's really interesting and exciting to see it all unfold, and I'm happy for her because it's hard to see Sean developing feelings for these girls, but I watched their date in Canada and it's just hard -- I don't know.

It warms me inside to watch them and know that they were developing a great connection, because I didn't see it in the house. She was one of the last girls to get a one-on-one, and so, it just makes me happy to see that they were building those feelings. Catherine is such a down to earth, real, real girl and it just makes me happy to see that she got to open up with Sean.

Reality TV World: What about some of the other girls? What about AshLee Frazier, Lesley Murphy, Lindsay Yenter, and Desiree Hartsock? Do you have any general thoughts about them? Do any of them stand out to you as being better for Sean than the others?

Sarah Herron: I always have thought Lesley is a great connection for Sean. It's so interesting now that I am no longer on it and I don't know what happens, but I think Lesley's great and I think Lindsay's tremendous. Lindsay was probably one of my better friends in the house. She's such a sweet girl and has the biggest heart. She's just like this tiny ball of fun, and so, she's wonderful.

And AshLee has the biggest heart -- obviously everyone is seeing that. And Desiree's fun and spunky and very real. [Daniella McBride] is awesome, but she went home after me too I guess, so. The girls were all so great! I loved all of them.

Reality TV World: Many viewers have been saying AshLee is a little too intense for Sean, however. What are your thoughts on that? Do you agree or disagree?

Sarah Herron: I can see that. I can definitely see that. AshLee's a very sincere, big-hearted woman, but she's serious and she's not a goofball. She's not loads of fun. So I mean, she's just not like super energetic. She's just more like a calm, reserved, eloquent person, and that's great. But I think Sean really is looking for someone to bring the adventure and the fun, so I'm not sure how that's going to play out very well.

Above is what Sarah had to say to Reality TV World during her Thursday conference call with reporters. Check back with Reality TV World on Friday for more highlights from the call.

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/the-bachelor-sarah-herron-catherine-giudici-is-dark-horse-and-ashlee-frazier-is-not-that-fun-14397.php

171Articles / Press Releases - Page 6 Empty Re: Articles / Press Releases Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:30 pm

nutty1

nutty1
Admin

'The Bachelor's' Sarah Herron: Tierra was 'over-dramatic,' not a good match for Sean

Sarah Herron was one of the girls eliminated from the most recent episode of "The Bachelor." It was an emotional goodbye, as she was one of the most well-liked bachelorettes. But she doesn't regret anything about her experience.

"I have never, ever regretted one moment of participating on 'The Bachelor.' It was a really incredible experience for me," says Herron. "A lot of times I think this show gets poked fun at for using words like 'journey' and 'experience' -- it actually is really and truly this life-changing journey and there's no better way to put it."

"For me, it was every bit of a life-changing experience," she continues. "It was very cathartic and self-actualizing. I learned so much about myself and what I'm looking for. It helped me understand 'me' better. In no way do I regret any of the process."

When Sarah was sent home, Sean actually took her aside before the rose ceremony and told her there just wasn't a connection there, which caught both Sarah and the viewers by surprise.

"I definitely did not expect to be going home. I was very surprised and very caught off guard," says Herron. "However, the week before in Montana, Sean made his speech and said he felt like his relationship had taken a step back with a few girls ... there was a part of me, deep down, that thought I might be one of those girls."

Part of the problem is being the very first one-on-one date, which can be more of a curse than a blessing.

"I think getting the first one-on-one date, as incredible and magical as it was, was kind of a curse ... I had to sit back and wait for him to develop these relationships with all the other women," Herron says. "Each week, I'm sure a new girl was stepping into the forefront. So with each week, it became more and more difficult to sustain a connection while he was being introduced to all these other women. It gets really hard."

As for the remaining women, Sarah definitely thinks Sean has good chemistry with Catherine. Not so much with Tierra, whom Sarah describes as "over-dramatic."

"Knowing Tierra the way I know her now, she was just a very high-intensity person. She was under a lot of stress and a lot of pressure -- the circumstances of the group date, along with what she's going through emotionally and psychologically just combusted," says Herron. "Whether she had hypothermia, I'm not sure. At this point, I don't even care anymore. Every week, it was something else ... it's just being over-dramatic ... I don't see Tierra and Sean being much of a match at all. I think he's probably very surprised watching it back."

"Watching it back," she continues. "I'm really starting to see the chemistry build between Sean and Catherine, which I didn't see a whole lot of while I was in the filming process. Watching it back, I'm seeing this really special connection between the two of them."

"As far as him lasting with whoever he chooses, I think he will. Sean said he only wants to be engaged once, he's not in it to mess around, he's really loking for his wife. Sean is the type of guy who is going to be very selective in who he chooses and then he's going to nurture it and make sure the relationship can withstand anything. He'll make it work," she concludes.

So, is there any chance we'll see Sarah as the next Bachelorette?

"I would have to seriously consider it. As I mentioned earlier, the experience was one of the most life-changing experiences of my life. I learned more about myself than I could ever imagine ... up until this show, I never walked around talking about my arm to anybody. Anybody. And now I can freely talk about it," says Herron.

"However, I don't want to just sit around and talk about my arm forever. I don't know if I could do another whole season of that. At the same time, I want to find love. I'm still single. I want a boyfriend, I want a husband. I want to find that special guy. There's a lot to consider," she says.

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2013/02/the-bachelors-sarah-herron-tierra-was-over-dramatic-not-a-good-match-for-sean.html

172Articles / Press Releases - Page 6 Empty Re: Articles / Press Releases Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:15 pm

Thursday, February 7, 2013

The Bachelor‘s Sean Lowe to make guest appearance at Sfuzzi Valentine’s Day dinner

DALLAS — The most famous bachelor in Dallas, Sean Lowe, will be doing somewhat of a meet and greet at Sfuzzi in Uptown on Valentine’s Day.

Lowe is arriving at the restaurant at 10 p.m. on February 14 to hang out, shake some hands, and most likely pose for some pictures until closing, according to Sfuzzi marketing representative Brandon Hays. Hays said he did not know if Lowe would be showing up with a date.

Sfuzzi chefs are creating a special menu for Valentine’s Day, including dishes like Urban Citrus Steamed Halibut with potato-leek soup, and a roasted pear salad with pine nuts, chives and watercress. The dinner is not a set menu with a price per head; rather, it's an order-off-the-menu evening, with special holiday-themed dishes.
Valentine’s Day Party With Bachelor Sean Lowe

Thu Feb 14th 8PM

Sfuzzi
2533 McKinney Avenue
Dallas, TX

Reservations for dinner are required, but about 100 spots are left. For reservations, call 214-953-0300.

The Bachelor returns to primetime Monday at 7 p.m., when Lowe will narrow the competition down to the final four. Catch up on the drama with our recaps here.

The bachelor makes an appearance at a slightly less glamorous place on Saturday, February 9: Freed's furniture in Plano. But it's free!

http://www.pegasusnews.com/news/2013/feb/07/bachelor-sean-lowe-guest-appearance-sfuzzi-valenti/

173Articles / Press Releases - Page 6 Empty Re: Articles / Press Releases Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:35 pm

Dallas fans shower 'The Bachelor's' Sean Lowe with roses, Valentine's gifts

Articles / Press Releases - Page 6 Bach003

Articles / Press Releases - Page 6 Bach008

The Bachelor Sean Lowe gives an interview during a meet and greet at Freed's Furniture in Plano, Saturday, February 9, 2013.

http://www.dallasnews.com/entertainment/television/photos/20130209-dallas-fans-shower-the-bachelor-s-sean-lowe-with-roses-valentine-s-gifts.ece?ssimg=887217#ssTop887224

174Articles / Press Releases - Page 6 Empty Re: Articles / Press Releases Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:53 pm

On ABC, The Bachelor garnered a 2.7, up three tenths from last week's 2.4 adults 18-49 rating. It also garnered 8.38 million viewers.

Link

175Articles / Press Releases - Page 6 Empty Re: Articles / Press Releases Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:55 pm

The Bachelor Sean Lowe Gets Crafty For Valentine's Day

Articles / Press Releases - Page 6 Sean-lowe-the-bachelor-valentines-day-

Look who’s getting crafty for cupid!

It’s almost Valentine’s Day, and Sean Lowe has lots of ladies vying for his love on this season of The Bachelor. But this V-Day, he’s trading in his usual rose for something even better— handmade Valentines.

The ABC star recently stopped by the Michael’s Valentine’s Day card-making event in Fort Worth, Texas, where he got hands-on with hearts.

Teaming up with Michaels Arts and Crafts stores and Starlight Children’s Foundation, the 29-year old heartthrob got elbows deep in glue, construction paper and stickers with pediatric patients from Cook Children’s Hopsital.

How adorable is that?! No wonder he’s such a heartbreaker!

After the event, Sean reflected on his day and talked about how grateful he was to have been a part of their Valentine’s Day fun.

"My time with the kids at Cook Children's was so rewarding,” Sean said. “Their love was so inspiring and I'm blessed to have been able to share the afternoon with them, Michaels and Starlight Children’s Foundation."

And with only six women left in the running on this season of The Bachelor, America will have to keep watching to find out who will be the lucky recipient of Sean’s custom Valentines!

Be sure to tune in to The Bachelor every Monday at 8 p.m. on ABC to find out who will win Sean’s heart.

http://www.intouchweekly.com/stars/news/bachelor-sean-lowe-gets-crafty-valentines-day?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=t.co

176Articles / Press Releases - Page 6 Empty Re: Articles / Press Releases Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:58 pm

pander3575

pander3575

Does anyone know how this is comparing to other seasons? Who was the most watched?

177Articles / Press Releases - Page 6 Empty Re: Articles / Press Releases Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:37 pm

nutty1

nutty1
Admin

I just listened to the AfterBuzz while I was making lasagna (for my friend & her husband, he had surgery a few weeks ago).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpKIE7yi9xI&list=UUCcVQKtF8zHVQoTJt8NNMJA&index=8

It was pretty good and I think their observations were spot on.

178Articles / Press Releases - Page 6 Empty Re: Articles / Press Releases Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:14 pm

GMA:

179Articles / Press Releases - Page 6 Empty Re: Articles / Press Releases Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:17 pm

amartin7

amartin7

180Articles / Press Releases - Page 6 Empty Re: Articles / Press Releases Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:40 pm

Amandaz

Amandaz

Interesting that even Chris Harrison could not adequately explain Catherine's distress when Lesley left. I also think they are trying to set Lesley up to be emotional at the WTA. Both he & Sean talk about deep regret in regards to her not saying "I love you".

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum