TeamJem

A site of bachelor fans and good friends!

You are not connected. Please login or register

The breakup of Andi and Josh

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 6 of 8]

151 Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh on Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:01 pm

teenamarie

nanamary wrote:Because it takes two willing to compromise - give and take!!!

Good point!

152 Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh on Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:21 pm

Northstargirl

I've been a fan of hers and theirs.  I love Josh and would love him as the lead.  I felt like her heartbreak, tears, explanations were all very real, very believeable and painfully uncomfortable to watch.  I understand her emotions being just under the surface and crying easily when facing the stress of doing a national interview about something so raw.  I came away with a sense that they both really do love each other, but that they couldn't find the compromise and support necessary to continue moving forward with a relationship.  I wonder what kind of added pressure the "fishbowl" nature of reality celebrity put on their situation.

I got a genuine sense that, after the fact, maybe with some time and distance between them, that just maybe Andi has some regrets about what was lost.  I wonder if Josh does too, though he seems to be putting on a strong face on SM.  I also wonder what , if any role, religoius differences may have played into their struggles.  Religious differences can be a major obstacle in some relationships and they had very different belief systems.  Lastly, I little part of me felt like maybe the door wan't 100% closed and locked or a possible reconciliation.  I'm not even wishful thnking or anything like that.  There was just something about Andi's words and emotions that said she is no where near over Josh.  She was loving and respectful toward him and made a distinct point of NOT throwing him under the bus.  She shared accountability for the struggles.  When I compare this interview with the one Emily did after Brad...well, let's just say apples and oranges.

I wish them both happiness and a quick resolution to all their emotions.  They both deserve the best.

153 Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh on Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:11 pm

tausi

Though i have to say, on the show Josh portrayed himself as a very laid back person. I thought if anyone can put up with meAndi, it will be him. But it seems he is not as laid back as he wants people to think.

154 Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh on Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:27 pm

amartin7

I know it seems like completely old news, but I think the Nick debacle caused problems in their relationship. I think it was one of those things that sort of hung over Josh's head and when there were problems, he thought of her with Nick right before they got engaged. Sort of a forgiven but not forgotten deal. And I don't think Josh's family forgot it either.

I think maybe if they had met naturally in Atlanta, they would still be together. They would had a normally progressing relationship and not been in the public eye. I wasn't invested in them, but they certainly looked good together and seemed like a good match. They looked like they made each other happy.

155 Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh on Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:41 pm

joliepaige

I think Andi was wanting it to work out & poss Josh too, but as we know in the real world things are much different. I wish them both the very best.

156 Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh on Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:59 pm

Minney

I wish them the best too and I hope they both will learn and grow from this situation. Not because either did anything wrong but because relationships do take a lot of work and compromise. Strong personalities are fine but there's no need to break a persons spirit to make a relationship work. As stated above, it's give and take, and if the people aren't ready, it's just a lot of take from both sides.

157 Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh on Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:38 pm

Mikesgirl83

Watch I gathered is that they just don't know how to fight with each other, I know that sounds weird and I think every couples struggles with this but you have to learn to be able to have a conflict calmly and respectfully and when things do escalate out of control someone has to be willing to be the calm one  and back down and say "ok, let's put this to rest for a day or two and calm down"  But it sounds like they're both hot headed and it just escalates until they hurt each other really badly. It often takes counseling with a professional to get past something like that and I wish they would take the effort to do that and work things out. I guess when you're not married though it's much easier to just walk away.  It also seems to me though that Josh did the dumping and I think Andi would still like to try to work things out but maybe he is not willing. I'm afraid his family doesn't like her and that Mama Murray is encouraging him to stay away and move on.

158 Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh on Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:52 pm

Northstargirl

Mikesgirl83 wrote:Watch I gathered is that they just don't know how to fight with each other, I know that sounds weird and I think every couples struggles with this but you have to learn to be able to have a conflict calmly and respectfully and when things do escalate out of control someone has to be willing to be the calm one  and back down and say "ok, let's put this to rest for a day or two and calm down"  But it sounds like they're both hot headed and it just escalates until they hurt each other really badly. It often takes counseling with a professional to get past something like that and I wish they would take the effort to do that and work things out. I guess when you're not married though it's much easier to just walk away.  It also seems to me though that Josh did the dumping and I think Andi would still like to try to work things out but maybe he is not willing. I'm afraid his family doesn't like her and that Mama Murray is encouraging him to stay away and move on.
You could be right about the family thing, Mikey.  I will always find it an odd coincidence that Aaron and his GF brpke off their engagement just a week or so after Josh and Andi.  I can't help thinking there is a story there.

159 Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh on Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:59 pm

Shoepie

I got the feeling that Josh was the one who broke up with her. She was not convincing with her answer to CH's question, was it a mutual decision? She knew it was not going well so in that sense it was but I do believe he was the one to pull the plug.

They need counseling on conflict resolution and communication 101 for this to pick up again. I don't see that happening. I facilitated couples counseling for years, in a workshop setting, and the results were phenomenal. Some simple guidelines and education on the nature of conflict is all anyone needs. It does not have to be long drawn out therapy. One weekend with a follow up when needed is the way to go.

Conflict resolution should be taught in High School, EVERYWHERE, as a mandatory class.

160 Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh on Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:34 pm

pander3575

Shoepie wrote:I got the feeling that Josh was the one who broke up with her.  She was not convincing with her answer to CH's question, was it a mutual decision?  She knew it was not going well so in that sense it was but I do believe he was the one to pull the plug.  

They need counseling on conflict resolution and communication 101 for this to pick up again.  I don't see that happening.  I facilitated couples counseling for years, in a workshop setting, and the results were phenomenal.  Some simple guidelines and education on the nature of conflict is all anyone needs.  It does not have to be long drawn out therapy.   One weekend with a follow up when needed is the way to go.  

Conflict resolution should be taught in High School, EVERYWHERE, as a mandatory class.

I agree with the bolded not just for couples but with all people.  Why do we have people getting killed because of road rage or over other things.

I do think that there was family drama on the Murray family side. Kacie was certainly involved in the early part. I'm sure that didn't help Josh and Andi's relationship. I have a feeling Aaron felt pressured into getting engaged to Kacie after she moved to KC but he may not have been really ready for it. Stephanie is the only one that seemed to be friendly with all four of them. It's hard to really know what happened as an outsider.

161 Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh on Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:31 am

stuckinsc

If the Murrays played a role in the break up, then it is better for them both to move on. I think Josh tried giving up his family to make it work (if you read on the other board he ignored them including not publicly acknowledging his mothers birthday for the month of October).

I think Andi deserves a family she can be comfortable in and I would hate to see Josh give up his loving family.

My honest opinion is that they just didn't turn out to be the people they thought they were getting. Andi thought she was getting a successful financial planner who could financially support her and would love the spotlight. Instead she got an Advocare salesperson more interested in working on that then being in the spotlight. Josh thought he was getting a tough, independent lawyer and instead got an out of work wanna be fashion designer with an expensive shopping habit. I think the strain on both of them became too much and their initial lust and butterfly love never grew into the deep love of two best friends like we saw both Ash and JP and Des and Chris do.

I may not like Andi, but I do hope she finds the person that she can truly be herself and be happy with. Of course as a Josh fan I hope the same for him too.

162 Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh on Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:05 pm

Gracerebecca

stuckinsc wrote:If the Murrays played a role in the break up, then it is better for them both to move on. I think Josh tried giving up his family to make it work (if you read on the other board he ignored them including not publicly acknowledging his mothers birthday for the month of October).

I think Andi deserves a family she can be comfortable in and I would hate to see Josh give up his loving family.

My honest opinion is that they just didn't turn out to be the people they thought they were getting. Andi thought she was getting a successful financial planner who could financially support her and would love the spotlight. Instead she got an Advocare salesperson more interested in working on that then being in the spotlight. Josh thought he was getting a tough, independent lawyer and instead got an out of work wanna be fashion designer with an expensive shopping habit. I think the strain on both of them became too much and their initial lust and butterfly love never grew into the deep love of two best friends like we saw both Ash and JP and Des and Chris do.

I may not like Andi, but I do hope she finds the person that she can truly be herself and be happy with. Of course as a Josh fan I hope the same for him too.

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

163 Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh on Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:22 pm

Shoepie

Gracerebecca wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:If the Murrays played a role in the break up, then it is better for them both to move on. I think Josh tried giving up his family to make it work (if you read on the other board he ignored them including not publicly acknowledging his mothers birthday for the month of October).

I didn't know he was a salesman for nutrition and weight loss products!  Didn't know Andi wanted to be a fashion designer (good luck on that one!) either.

I have no clue about Josh's family. It all seemed to be speculation on very few facts, to me.

164 Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh on Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:27 pm

pander3575

Shoepie wrote:
Gracerebecca wrote:

I didn't know he was a salesman for nutrition and weight loss products!  Didn't know Andi wanted to be a fashion designer (good luck on that one!) either.

I have no clue about Josh's family.  It all seemed to be speculation on very few facts, to me.  

I thought Josh still had his financial job and was doing the sales of Advocare on the side.  I haven't followed them for a while so I'm not sure that is now the case.

I just checked his Linklin for what he's doing and he is still with Capstone and Advocare. I have a feeling some of the problems which wouldn't be unusual is that he became very busy with his jobs and really couldn't spend as much time with Andi as he did prior to taking on the Advocare. I'm not sure that was all the problems but they did seem to start about that time plus there was some problems within his family and them.

As you said we have very little information and everything is speculation.

Last edited by pander3575 on Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

165 Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh on Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:34 pm

Northstargirl

I think the advocare thing is a sideline.  Like alot of direct slaes stuff, it's about using AM to promote something people buy online.  Peyton Lambton does ot for a jewelry company.  The benefit is that you get huge discounts on the product for your personal use.

Lots of former B'ettes have explored fashion or jewelry lines--Emily, Jillian, Des, MM, Catherine and now Andi.  No big deal,  I don't think it says anything whatsoever about her furture desires to return to some aspect of the law.  It is an opportunity that came about and like many,  she and Josh took advantage of it.  Variety is the spice of life, as they say.  It is what a lot of young people do these days.  I wish them both the best with any endeavor they choose to pursue.  Eventually she will likely get back to law in some way.

166 Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh on Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:48 pm

Shoepie

Northstargirl wrote:I think the advocare thing is a sideline.  Like alot of direct slaes stuff, it's about using AM to promote something people buy online.  Peyton Lambton does ot for a jewelry company.  The benefit is that you get huge discounts on the product for your personal use.

Lots of former B'ettes have explored fashion or jewelry lines--Emily, Jillian, Des, MM, Catherine and now Andi.  No big deal,  I don't think it says anything whatsoever about her furture desires to return to some aspect of the law.  It is an opportunity that came about and like many,  she and Josh took advantage of it.  Variety is the spice of life, as they say.  It is what a lot of young people do these days.  I wish them both the best with any endeavor they choose to pursue.  Eventually she will likely get back to law in some way.

Thanks, this makes sense. And I wish them both the best, too.

167 Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh on Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:43 pm

alsoaktchr

Don't Jason & Molly advertise Advocare on their podcast page as well? At least I thought I recalled seeing that.

168 Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh on Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:28 pm

alsoaktchr

There's a discussion at the ABC board, referencing the bach and bachette board, about Nick and Andi spending some time in the same place over the Valentine's weekend...???

169 Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh on Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:42 pm

nutty1

Admin
They were at the same bar, but not together nor alone. No other answers. I PRAY he is mature enough to want to just be friends.

170 Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh on Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:40 pm

Northstargirl

Oh, this one is going to hit the tabs if it's being talked about in the ABC board....just wait for it. I fel bad for both of them.

171 Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh on Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:48 pm

nutty1

Admin
For what it's worth…….RS, in his Podcast, said he heard about Nick and friends, and Andi and friends randomly meeting up at a bar in Chicago. He said they are not dating and it was not a date. No, he isn't sleeping with her.

172 Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh on Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:02 am

Northstargirl

RS also said the random meeting was on Valentine's day or weekend.

173 Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh on Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:18 am

teenamarie

Awwww...happen to notice Josh started following Andi again.  I want them to remain friends.

174 Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh on Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:34 am

Mikesgirl83

Aww that's nice, I hope good things for both of them

but please God I hope she stays away from Nick Toss \'em

175 Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh on Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:21 am

nutty1

Admin
I hope Nick stays away from Andi! giggle

176 Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh on Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:28 am

tausi

I didn't expect them to hang out just because they coincidentally met at a bar.
They could have say hello and each stay with their own group.

I didn't like how Andi treated Nick in AFTR. But during her season, i saw real love between them.

177 Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh on Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:02 am

Minney

Thinking back, Andi said Josh was her "type" and maybe that tug she felt with Nick was her minds way of saying it's time to try something new and different. Obviously her type isn't working for her. My DH wasn't my "type" but 25 years later it's still working for us! smile

178 Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh on Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:14 am

amartin7

Minney wrote:Thinking back, Andi said Josh was her "type" and maybe that tug she felt with Nick was her minds way of saying it's time to try something new and different.  Obviously her type isn't working for her.  My DH wasn't my "type" but 25 years later it's still working for us! smile

Good point! I'm just not sure how these two would ever get past the ATFR/plane video fiasco, but stranger things and all that.

By the way, the picture of Nick and Andi in the bar reminds me of that pic of Jef and Emily in the bar after they had broken up and he went back to Charlotte. Gotta love someone's life viewed from surreptitious iPhone shots!

179 Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh on Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:40 am

Minney

I think the Nick and Andi ship has sailed, but I can't help but wonder how it would have worked out if he was F1. Probably the same because I don't believe Andi was ready for a real long term relationship. She and Josh seem to pretty much self combust due to their similar personalities. The difference between Nick and Andi might have provided a better balance. Who knows! giggle

180 Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh on Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:07 pm

pander3575

Anyone know where Andi is moving to?

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum