TeamJem
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TeamJem

A site of bachelor fans and good friends!

You are not connected. Please login or register

The breakup of Andi and Josh

+27
Conway34
realityfan26
gr82bwahm
hogie11
jemily2012
bigmama1
amartin7
Mikesgirl83
teenamarie
markat53
nanamary
CanadaGoose
TNGirl
Northstargirl
specialkape
JenTen1585
tausi
Minney
moflan
theOfficeRules
Fleurdesel
alsoaktchr
Shoepie
allykat
pander3575
stuckinsc
nutty1
31 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 8]

1The breakup of Andi and Josh Empty The breakup of Andi and Josh Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:36 pm

nutty1

nutty1
Admin

Discuss the breakup here. It is fair game. Not everyone has to be fans of one or both. Of course, I know you all know what it felt like to see Jef bashed so horribly and I know no one will do that here. But you can feel free to discuss both of them or one of them and what you think of the breakup.

2The breakup of Andi and Josh Empty Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:57 pm

stuckinsc

stuckinsc

Not a fan of Andi at all. Grew to dislike her more as her season went on.

But, I will give both credit, they are handling this break up with a lot of class and dignity. I haven't heard a negative word about the other from either of them or their group of friends and family. That is impressive.

I will also admit, I was a huge Josh fan and but never warmed to them as a couple, since watching her put him through the ringer all season reminded me of how Emily treated Arie. I liked Arie too and never understood why Emily gave him so much crap on so many dates.

I also didn't like that she seemed to be separating him from his awesome family that I like and respect very, very much.

3The breakup of Andi and Josh Empty Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:59 pm

nutty1

nutty1
Admin

I personally hope Josh is not the next Bachelor, but I will not be surprised if he is.

4The breakup of Andi and Josh Empty Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:00 pm

stuckinsc

stuckinsc

nutty1 wrote:I personally hope Josh is not the next Bachelor, but I will not be surprised if he is.

See even my fun for this is over, since I won't be living in GA to possibly hunt it down and try to get sneak peeks for everyone. gah

5The breakup of Andi and Josh Empty Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:06 pm

pander3575

pander3575

As much as I liked Josh, Nutty, I hope he's not either just like I didn't want Jef to be.  I'd rather it be someone I'm so so about so if they make stupid mistakes I don't worry for them like a mother with her children. giggle

Good point!!!n I need to adopt your way of thinking! wave yes

6The breakup of Andi and Josh Empty Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:21 pm

allykat

allykat

Like I said in the other thread, I'm not at all surprised. I wasn't a fan of either of them as their season wore on and I wasn't a fan of them as a couple afterward. JMO, but they both seemed to be trying to hard.

Josh came on too hard and fast and was too 'all in' from the word go. Frankly, I couldn't take it seriously. He might have even convinced himself that this was the real deal. But I'm not surprised that when the lights and cameras faded, and the fantasy wears away, that he realized this wasn't 'it'.

As for Andi, I was a sort of fan of hers on JP's season. But when her season started I thought she was kind of awful and needier than I expected. And the fact that she shortly after resigned her position as an attorney made me think she was getting seduced by the celebrity and not in this for the long haul. Anyone can change careers, and that's fine. But in this franchise when someone suddenly changes careers without a clear plan, it seems like that is a harbinger for them being in it for the fame. For every Ali or Melissa who did a career 180 to capitalize on the fame, there is an Ashley and JP who are happily married and still a dentist and developer respectively. They are still who I thought they were...Andi, on the other hand, not so much (for me, anyway).

The good news is that the fact that this engagement didn't work out doesn't preclude them from both going on to truly find 'the one' and living a happily ever after. I expect they will do just that.

7The breakup of Andi and Josh Empty Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:03 am

Shoepie

Shoepie

nutty1 wrote:I personally hope Josh is not the next Bachelor, but I will not be surprised if he is.

He won't be. He and Andi are history. They will choose a bach from the current season.

8The breakup of Andi and Josh Empty Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:14 am

alsoaktchr

alsoaktchr

allykat wrote:Like I said in the other thread, I'm not at all surprised. I wasn't a fan of either of them as their season wore on and I wasn't a fan of them as a couple afterward. JMO, but they both seemed to be trying to hard.

Josh came on too hard and fast and was too 'all in' from the word go. Frankly, I couldn't take it seriously. He might have even convinced himself that this was the real deal. But I'm not surprised that when the lights and cameras faded, and the fantasy wears away, that he realized this wasn't 'it'.

As for Andi, I was a sort of fan of hers on JP's season. But when her season started I thought she was kind of awful and needier than I expected. And the fact that she shortly after resigned her position as an attorney made me think she was getting seduced by the celebrity and not in this for the long haul. Anyone can change careers, and that's fine. But in this franchise when someone suddenly changes careers without a clear plan, it seems like that is a harbinger for them being in it for the fame. For every Ali or Melissa who did a career 180 to capitalize on the fame, there is an Ashley and JP who are happily married and still a dentist and developer respectively. They are still who I thought they were...Andi, on the other hand, not so much (for me, anyway).

The good news is that the fact that this engagement didn't work out doesn't preclude them from both going on to truly find 'the one' and living a happily ever after. I expect they will do just that.

Very well-written, allykat. ITA...

9The breakup of Andi and Josh Empty Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:28 pm

Fleurdesel

Fleurdesel

HOpe not! During the Bachelorette' season, there is usually 2 or 3 good contenders for the next Bachelor, I'm seriously hoping it will happen!

10The breakup of Andi and Josh Empty Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:23 pm

theOfficeRules

theOfficeRules

I cannot for the life of me, piece together how their premier night interviews factor in with the breakup timing and announcement.

The back- rubbing, and the faking is just so bizarre to me. As much as the producers control things, don't you think forcing them to appear as a happy couple days before they breakup is just twisted?

It reminds me of when Micheal Stag was about to find out about Holly's engagement. These producers often have a sick, twisted mindset. This is JMO, of course.

11The breakup of Andi and Josh Empty Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:40 pm

alsoaktchr

alsoaktchr

No, not just your opinion, OR... I think many of us agree with you!

12The breakup of Andi and Josh Empty Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:53 pm

nutty1

nutty1
Admin

I was bored and was perusing through the threads over on the other board, and saw mention of Andi and Josh's Atlantic City interview, so I watched. Some thought they could see signs of Josh not being happy. Here are my 2 thoughts.
First, for someone who never warmed too much to Josh, it was probably the most I ever liked him.
Second, I never followed them post show and if I had seen that interview, I would have thought they were perfectly happy and fine. I saw no read flags there at all. Monday night - yes. But not that interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL5kTgqthBU

13The breakup of Andi and Josh Empty Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:28 pm

moflan

moflan

theOfficeRules wrote:I cannot for the life of me, piece together how their premier night interviews factor in with the breakup timing and announcement.  

The back- rubbing, and the faking is just so bizarre to me.  As much as the producers control things, don't you think forcing them to appear as a happy couple days before they breakup is just twisted?  

It reminds me of when Micheal Stag was about to find out about Holly's engagement.  These producers often have a sick, twisted mindset.   This is JMO, of course.

....plus one camera shot showed Andi holding up her ring for Neil Lane to see. Perhaps he was doing an on site appraisal and they returned the goods while in L.A.

14The breakup of Andi and Josh Empty Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:05 am

alsoaktchr

alsoaktchr

Crack Up

15The breakup of Andi and Josh Empty Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:29 am

Minney

Minney

It's been almost a week since the news of the break up broke. While I wasn't emotionally upset for myself this time giggle , I was surprised. They actually seemed so solid and well matched that I didn't really follow them because I figured they were definitely headed to the altar. Their families were even involved with each other. I still want to piece it together and am curious if it was something that's been coming down the road for awhile or if a recent event created the problem. The timing seems odd, even if they were having problems, they could have easily gone back to Atlanta and kept a low profile for a few weeks. The fact that it followed Monday's red carpet event just makes it feel like it was a sudden decision. Let's face it, Andi isn't shy and tends to over share, so makes me feel like Josh is being a gentleman...

16The breakup of Andi and Josh Empty Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:32 pm

Fleurdesel

Fleurdesel

It was the weirdest thing EVER, completely ridiculous when you think about it....I guess I was not the only one going WTH just happened? I'm not a fan of either Josh or Andi, but IA there is a limit to what these people agrees to do "for the camera", I just couldn't fake it all like that, I don't have a poker face but they both certainly do....They seemed to be so much in love like a lot of other couples we saw in the past....but then KABOOM! giggle

17The breakup of Andi and Josh Empty Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:05 pm

nutty1

nutty1
Admin

If they both already knew and were faking it, if I were Josh, I would have wanted to slap Andi's hand away, with all the back rubbing. That was just so bizarre!!

18The breakup of Andi and Josh Empty Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:41 pm

tausi

tausi

One thing that bothered me was when Andi was asked about Chris, the farmer as a bachelor during the Bachelor premiere red carpet.

She said " he always take a high road".. I was thinking what is that got to do with anything. There are many qualities about Chris that she could have mention. I felt like she was trying to throw a jab at Nick. So, for me, she is the one who has not move on.

19The breakup of Andi and Josh Empty Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:51 pm

stuckinsc

stuckinsc

OMG, they have me defending Andi over there.

There were signs of stress since October. For almost the full month of October Josh didn't acknowledge his family on SM, which for the Murrays is very odd. Especially since this included MM's birthday, I believe.

It seemed when Andi was maid of honor in her law school friends wedding that Josh went to FL and had a come to Jesus with MM. After that he started posting about his family again.

Two tiny signs of tension from AC, two of the posters at the other board went to AC and met them and spent time with them. They both said both were very loving and genuine and nice. But they had spent the day time separately and I guess when Andi was asked about her shoes she had been shopping and bought Burberry shoes, and was sheepish about telling Josh. I have a feeling Andi's shopping habits may have been a slight issue. The bigger issue is that the women were telling Josh they needed to get married and have babies and Josh agreed and said tell her that. I think this may have been a really big issue.

I believe Andi was willing to get married, but I don't think she was ready to start having babies. She posted if she knew she would look like Blake Lively while pregnant she would get pregnant, but truthfully, she has worked hard for her body and I don't think right now she wanted to either be pregnant and/or tied down like a child would make them. She was enjoy the travel and the opportunities. I don't think she was ready to settle down into baby makes three life yet.

And honestly, that is okay. As much as I don't like Andi, I really believe she tried to want exactly what Josh wanted, but she just doesn't right now.

She is 27, I think she should figure out what she wants as a career and what makes her happy and I applaud her for being mature enough to recognize that she isn't ready to be a mom yet.

If this was a huge issue for them, then unfortunately, they just aren't right for each other right now. Maybe once she figures out what she wants and is ready to settle down they can come back to each other, but I am glad she was strong enough to stand up and not give into the pressure.

I gave in. I married the first time when I shouldn't have and it was a huge mistake. You can love someone and your goals and dreams just not be compatible. Good for her for not faking it.

20The breakup of Andi and Josh Empty Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:08 pm

JenTen1585

JenTen1585

GREAT post stuckinsc! Very interesting! I thought I would be all excited, but honestly, I didn't follow them since the finale, so it's interesting what people said who saw them shortly before the break up.

21The breakup of Andi and Josh Empty Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:13 pm

pander3575

pander3575

Yes, great post Stuck. I hadn't been reading much over there either so really didn't pay much attention to what they were doing since late Oct so had no clue there were problems at all. However my feeling is that it's better to break up now then go through a divorce later when old issues that never got resolved. Hopefully each and go out and get what they want out of life.

22The breakup of Andi and Josh Empty Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:55 am

specialkape

specialkape

Hi guys,

Since I'm going spoiler-free this season, would someone be willing to bring over anything RS says about Andi and Josh to this thread? Does he seem to have any insight?

thanks! kisskiss

23The breakup of Andi and Josh Empty Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:30 am

Northstargirl

Northstargirl

specialkape wrote:Hi guys,

Since I'm going spoiler-free this season, would someone be willing to bring over anything RS says about Andi and Josh to this thread? Does he seem to have any insight?

thanks! kisskiss 
SureI will nring it, if he says anything.  So far he talked about it , answering questions on his podcast last Thursdaym the day after the announcement.  He was pretty low key, not making a bog deal about it.  He had no inside scoop of the whys, just the fact they were splitting up.

We'll see if he puts anything more in tomorrows column.

24The breakup of Andi and Josh Empty Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:08 am

TNGirl

TNGirl

Northstargirl wrote:

thanks! kisskiss 

SureI will nring it, if he says anything.  So far he talked about it , answering questions on his podcast last Thursdaym the day after the announcement.  He was pretty low key, not making a bog deal about it.  He had no inside scoop of the whys, just the fact they were splitting up.

I love alcohol induced spelling.  

The breakup of Andi and Josh Tumblr_n0jmojZ6Ir1s0t6o2o1_500
rofl rofl 
Normally I'd let alcohol take the blame, but I was put into a custom brace on my right wrist/arm today.  While it seems to be helping the arm problem, it also seems to be creating another.  Horrendous typing!  Don't want you to think I'm still drinking when my typing still looks like this in the morning...well, all day, every day for that matter!
  I will, however, toasst your choice of GIF!! wine

25The breakup of Andi and Josh Empty Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:16 am

theOfficeRules

theOfficeRules

TNGirl wrote:
Northstargirl wrote:

thanks! kisskiss 

rofl rofl 
Normally I'd let alcohol take the blame, but I was put into a custom brace on my right wrist/arm today.  While it seems to be helping the arm problem, it also seems to be creating another.  Horrendous typing!  Don't want you to think I'm still drinking when my typing still looks like this in the morning...well, all day, every day for that matter!

This exchange is why I love you guys.

rofl rofl funny funny

26The breakup of Andi and Josh Empty Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:28 am

Minney

Minney

I'm also a bit surprised that the same media types that fight tooth and nail to publicize the "big story" or "breaking news" on other BachNation breakups are so quiet this time. No WP articles either that I'm aware of. I think it's great for Andi and Josh, just makes me curious if the media has gotten tired of the break ups or if it has more to do with individual personalities that bring out the negative attention. Even RS seems to be letting this one slide.

27The breakup of Andi and Josh Empty Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:54 am

stuckinsc

stuckinsc

I think WP had one small rehash article saying that Andi did the breaking, but not much.

I actually respect how they have handled this breakup. It is the most respectful breakup I have seen out of this show.

28The breakup of Andi and Josh Empty Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:48 am

nutty1

nutty1
Admin

thanks! kisskiss

I watched his video blog the day after, and he basically said he heard talk of it for a few days and then got the news before the official announcement was made. He said he did not know why.

29The breakup of Andi and Josh Empty Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:44 pm

TNGirl

TNGirl

TNGirl wrote:
Northstargirl wrote:

thanks! kisskiss 

rofl rofl 

NSG, how did you type IN my post?  Does that brace have superpowers?  Do you have a custom cape, also? The breakup of Andi and Josh Superman

Jimmy Stewart - Rear Window - also starring Grace Kelly and Raymond Burr - Alfred Hitchcock  #loveoldmovies  #dontmakethemlikethatanymore Popcorn

30The breakup of Andi and Josh Empty Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:22 pm

Shoepie

Shoepie

TNGirl wrote:
TNGirl wrote:
Northstargirl wrote:

thanks! kisskiss 

rofl rofl 

NSG, how did you type IN my post?  Does that brace have superpowers?  Do you have a custom cape, also? The breakup of Andi and Josh Superman

Jimmy Stewart - Rear Window - also starring Grace Kelly and Raymond Burr - Alfred Hitchcock  #loveoldmovies  #dontmakethemlikethatanymore Popcorn

I can type in your post too!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 8]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum