TeamJem
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TeamJem

A site of bachelor fans and good friends!

You are not connected. Please login or register

The breakup of Andi and Josh

+27
Conway34
realityfan26
gr82bwahm
hogie11
jemily2012
bigmama1
amartin7
Mikesgirl83
teenamarie
markat53
nanamary
CanadaGoose
TNGirl
Northstargirl
specialkape
JenTen1585
tausi
Minney
moflan
theOfficeRules
Fleurdesel
alsoaktchr
Shoepie
allykat
pander3575
stuckinsc
nutty1
31 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 8]

31The breakup of Andi and Josh - Page 2 Empty Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:28 pm

CanadaGoose

LOVE people who make me laugh, especially when real life doesn't provide enough frivolous moments . Thanks, y'all.

32The breakup of Andi and Josh - Page 2 Empty Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:12 pm

TNGirl

TNGirl

Shoepie wrote:
TNGirl wrote:
TNGirl wrote:
Northstargirl wrote:
specialkape wrote:Hi guys,

Since I'm going spoiler-free this season, would someone be willing to bring over anything RS says about Andi and Josh to this thread? Does he seem to have any insight?

thanks! kisskiss 

SureI will nring it, if he says anything.  So far he talked about it , answering questions on his podcast last Thursdaym the day after the announcement.  He was pretty low key, not making a bog deal about it.  He had no inside scoop of the whys, just the fact they were splitting up.

We'll see if he puts anything more in tomorrows column.

I love alcohol induced spelling.  

The breakup of Andi and Josh - Page 2 Tumblr_n0jmojZ6Ir1s0t6o2o1_500
rofl rofl 
Normally I'd let alcohol take the blame, but I was put into a custom brace on my right wrist/arm today.  While it seems to be helping the arm problem, it also seems to be creating another.  Horrendous typing!  Don't want you to think I'm still drinking when my typing still looks like this in the morning...well, all day, every day for that matter!
  I will, however, toasst your choice of GIF!! wine

NSG, how did you type IN my post?  Does that brace have superpowers?  Do you have a custom cape, also? The breakup of Andi and Josh - Page 2 Superman

Jimmy Stewart - Rear Window - also starring Grace Kelly and Raymond Burr - Alfred Hitchcock  #loveoldmovies  #dontmakethemlikethatanymore Popcorn

I can type in your post too!

THAT'S IT!  EVERYBODY OUT!  GET OUT OF MY POSTS!  catfight hissyfit giggle

33The breakup of Andi and Josh - Page 2 Empty Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:13 pm

nanamary

nanamary

NSG and TN - love your posts - but STAY OUT OF MINE!!! yes

34The breakup of Andi and Josh - Page 2 Empty Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:13 pm

TNGirl

TNGirl

CanadaGoose wrote:LOVE people who make me laugh, especially when real life doesn't provide enough frivolous moments . Thanks, y'all.

Goosey, would you like to come into my posts with me? best bud

Unlike some people, you waited to be invited. rofl

35The breakup of Andi and Josh - Page 2 Empty Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:14 pm

Northstargirl

Northstargirl

We can be in your posts or in your head....choose carefully!!! shocked2 tease neener

36The breakup of Andi and Josh - Page 2 Empty Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:15 pm

TNGirl

TNGirl

Northstargirl wrote:We can be in your posts or in your head....choose carefully!!! shocked2 tease neener

Yeah, well, you may get pretty lonely up there all alone - cause I don't have a single thought in my head.  funny

Last edited by TNGirl on Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

37The breakup of Andi and Josh - Page 2 Empty Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:15 pm

nanamary

nanamary

But TN - I did tell you I love you!!! thumbs up

38The breakup of Andi and Josh - Page 2 Empty Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:02 pm

TNGirl

TNGirl

Since I'm going spoiler-free this season, would someone be willing to bring over anything RS says about Andi and Josh to this thread? Does he seem to have any insight?

thanks! kisskiss

RS with insight?  Surely you jest!  giggle

From his column today:

As for those who didn’t tune in to the live video chat last Thursday night, you haven’t heard my thoughts on Andi & Josh’s break up. Basically, the reason I referenced they’d never get married in last Tuesday and last Thursday’s column was because I had heard it was coming. It wasn’t a matter of if, it was a matter of when. Did I think they’d break up three days after appearing at the premiere? No. But I was told it wasn’t going to be much longer. People seem to be taking them to task for showing up at the premiere obviously knowing that things weren’t going well. I can’t fault them for that. They’re the show’s most recent engaged couple. The premiere invited basically everyone and their mothers. Andi & Josh were in a no-win situation. If they don’t show up, people would automatically speculate something was wrong and wonder why they weren’t there. If they do show up (then break up three days later), they scream, “Why’d they even go to the premiere then?” So I don’t necessarily have a problem with them being at the premiere. As long as they were officially still together, they pretty much had to. Even Chris Harrison in his blog today and in this interview made an excellent point about going through a public break up.

The bottom line is, as much as you think you know these people, you don’t. At all. Just because they tweet lovey dovey things, and post tons of pictures on Instagram, and you see them publicly showing signs of affection, doesn’t mean you know anything about what’s happening in their relationship, so lets just stop pretending like we do. Andi and Josh obviously broke up for a reason. If they want to eventually share that with the public, they will. I’ve already seen numerous stories all ranging from “It just didn’t work out,” to “she cheated on him” to “he cheated on her” to “the family doesn’t like Andi” on and on and on it goes. Every reason for a break up that you can think of I’m sure you’ll hear as the real reason they broke up. I don’t know why they broke up. If I did, I’d tell you what I’ve heard. If I’ve heard anything regarding it, it’s that it just didn’t work out. Sometimes that happens.

Why people are searching for this major reason for a break up is beyond me. There’s been 28 previous couples from this franchise, and only 4 have made it. Four. So why are people surprised if a couple breaks up anymore? Those four that made it are the exception, not the rule. Andi and Josh are no different than any other couple from this show. They have their reasons why it ended, and if they want to share, they will. But sitting here and being upset and having it ruin your day that two people you saw on TV for 11 episodes broke up is just mind boggling to me. Your priorities are completely out of whack if you let a reality TV couple breaking up affect your mood or your day in any way, shape, or form. They’ll move on from it and so should you.

39The breakup of Andi and Josh - Page 2 Empty Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:23 pm

Northstargirl

Northstargirl

Just so you know, SK, I came to post the RS update on Josh and Andi as promised.  As yoju see our beautiful and efficient heifer friend TNgirl beat me to it.  She is such a doer !!  Love you, TN!  Thanks!! kisskiss

40The breakup of Andi and Josh - Page 2 Empty Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:36 pm

TNGirl

TNGirl

Northstargirl wrote:Just so you know, SK, I came to post the RS update on Josh and Andi as promised.  As yoju see our beautiful and efficient heifer friend TNgirl beat me to it.  She is such a doer !!  Love you, TN!  Thanks!! kisskiss

I like helping our fearless leaders.   giggle

The breakup of Andi and Josh - Page 2 Workerbee2

41The breakup of Andi and Josh - Page 2 Empty Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:25 pm

pander3575

pander3575

Actually I have to agree with RS on this one. What RS should have also said it's not just reality couples that break up but many in real life do too. Btw thanks for posting it. I let one couple (JEM) ruin my mood and I certainly hope I never get that bad again.

42The breakup of Andi and Josh - Page 2 Empty Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:29 pm

Northstargirl

Northstargirl

pander3575 wrote:Actually I have to agree with RS on this one.  What RS should have also said it's not just reality couples that break up but many in real life do too. Btw thanks for posting it.  I let one couple (JEM) ruin my mood and I certainly hope I never get that bad again.  
Well said! Agree

43The breakup of Andi and Josh - Page 2 Empty Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:20 pm

nutty1

nutty1
Admin

I just put that in the nonspoiler thread......I remembered someone was asking, forgot it was in this thread! smile

44The breakup of Andi and Josh - Page 2 Empty Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:02 pm

nutty1

nutty1
Admin

Coach Brian speaks (first part is about Andi & Josh)

http://abc27.com/2015/01/13/former-bachelorette-star-dishes-on-new-season/

45The breakup of Andi and Josh - Page 2 Empty Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:26 am

theOfficeRules

theOfficeRules

TNGirl wrote:
Shoepie wrote:
TNGirl wrote:
TNGirl wrote:
Northstargirl wrote:

thanks! kisskiss 

SureI will nring it, if he says anything.  So far he talked about it , answering questions on his podcast last Thursdaym the day after the announcement.  He was pretty low key, not making a bog deal about it.  He had no inside scoop of the whys, just the fact they were splitting up.

We'll see if he puts anything more in tomorrows column.

I love alcohol induced spelling.  

The breakup of Andi and Josh - Page 2 Tumblr_n0jmojZ6Ir1s0t6o2o1_500
rofl rofl 
Normally I'd let alcohol take the blame, but I was put into a custom brace on my right wrist/arm today.  While it seems to be helping the arm problem, it also seems to be creating another.  Horrendous typing!  Don't want you to think I'm still drinking when my typing still looks like this in the morning...well, all day, every day for that matter!
  I will, however, toasst your choice of GIF!! wine

NSG, how did you type IN my post?  Does that brace have superpowers?  Do you have a custom cape, also? The breakup of Andi and Josh - Page 2 Superman

Jimmy Stewart - Rear Window - also starring Grace Kelly and Raymond Burr - Alfred Hitchcock  #loveoldmovies  #dontmakethemlikethatanymore Popcorn

I can type in your post too!

THAT'S NOT IT!  EVERYBODY IN!  STAY IN MY POSTS!   I LOVE YOU, DARNIT! MOOOO!   catfight   kisskiss   hissyfit   toot   giggle

46The breakup of Andi and Josh - Page 2 Empty Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:59 am

CanadaGoose

TNGirl wrote:
CanadaGoose wrote:LOVE people who make me laugh, especially when real life doesn't provide enough frivolous moments . Thanks, y'all.

Goosey, would you like to come into my posts with me?  best bud

Unlike some people, you waited to be invited.  rofl

Why, thank you, TN. I'm a polite Canuck, and I would love to be in your posts. I like my new home. If my sense of humor was as fast as my typing fingers, I'd have more to say.

47The breakup of Andi and Josh - Page 2 Empty Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:49 am

TNGirl

TNGirl

CanadaGoose wrote:
TNGirl wrote:

Goosey, would you like to come into my posts with me?  best bud

Unlike some people, you waited to be invited.  rofl

Why, thank you, TN. I'm a polite Canuck, and I would love to be in your posts. I like my new home. If my sense of humor was as fast as my typing fingers, I'd have more to say.

Well, apparently I have totally lost control of my own posts.  OR is even editing them!

C'mon in!  It's a party!

The breakup of Andi and Josh - Page 2 Giphy

48The breakup of Andi and Josh - Page 2 Empty Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:43 pm

nutty1

nutty1
Admin

Interesting tidbit on RS's blog today….

Comment: ABC did not know that Josh and Andi were breaking up three days later. I know some of you might find this hard to believe, but Chris Harrison was telling the truth in his blog yesterday. He didn’t know. Neither did any of the producers.

49The breakup of Andi and Josh - Page 2 Empty Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:50 pm

specialkape

specialkape

Oooooh, thank you all for bringing this over! Of course, now I'm spoiled, so I'm reading RS in general, but hadn't read this. Thank you TNG for being a speed demon, NSG for coming over to post it while TNG completely stole your job ;), and Nutty for remembering!

At the end of the day, I believe that the "Murrays did not like Andi / Andi tried to separate Josh from his family" story is what happened. It just makes sense to me in every way. Think back to the non-tweeting around Aaron's engagement, the unfollowing that happened back then, etc. I commented about it then but no one wanted to hear it, which I respected smile

Here's what I think...

I think Andi made for one too many alpha females in that mix. She has a STRONG personality and, as we've seen, was perhaps not as "ready for settling down and having a family" as one may have thought. I think Josh couldn't keep up, and perhaps did not even want to. Josh does not strike me as the type who would enjoy a flashy, bustling, extravagant lifestyle. Andi does strike me as such (always did). When Andi kept pulling and pulling at him to do events, to do something more "fun" or "exciting" than just hanging around with family, etc. etc...I think that caused a big rift.

Josh is such a nice guy that he probably went along with it until his family (most likely his mom, and rightly) called him out on it and there was a family fallout. After they seemingly smoothed things over (from social media at least), it was never quite right again between Andi and the Murrays, and Josh kept feeling more and more pulled in two directions. Once he realized Andi probably wasn't going to be settling down anytime soon, he made it clear to her that his family wasn't going to play second fiddle to such an extent anymore. Andi would not have liked hearing that. Remember, Andi gets her way. (And I'm not anti-Andi. But who can forget, "Welcome Home, POOKIE!!!!" on her front door during JPG's hometown date?) I know girls like Andi, and they are used to getting what they want.

And of course, I know all this because I was there.

HA! Seriously, these are my completely uneducated analyses, but it's my gut reaction. I'm bummed mostly because I'm a shallow b*tch and think they would have made gorgeous children!!

50The breakup of Andi and Josh - Page 2 Empty Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:47 pm

nutty1

nutty1
Admin

I do wonder what Mama Murray ever thought about Andi having sex with Nick right before she became engaged to Josh? Regardless of if Nick was right or wrong in asking that, it happened and I cannot help but think that was always a strike against Andi in Mama's eyes.

51The breakup of Andi and Josh - Page 2 Empty Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:50 pm

stuckinsc

stuckinsc

SK, glad you are playing in the spoiled threads again and I agree on the J&A stuff.

Nutty, I also agree that MM probably was not too happy with the sleeping with Nick. Knowing how that Nick or TPTB or whoever was trying to get to her before AFTR, I would think she would have been ready for some fireworks and maybe warned MM with her party that it might not go well. I also think knowing MM had her party Andi could have been a little nicer to Nick and maybe she wouldn't have gotten outed.

One key difference I see between Andi and the other alpha females in the Murray clan, is that Andi liked to make fun of Josh publicly. Be it eating with his mouth open, his preference for blondes or calling him the Advofreak, Andi liked to make fun of Josh in interviews and on SM. MM doesn't do that to Denny, Kacie doesn't do it to Aaron and now Stephanie isn't doing it with Chandler. They are strong women, but they let their men be men. I don't think Josh or MM took too kindly to the way Andi "jokingly" made fun of him. I didn't like it, I can't imagine they did either.

52The breakup of Andi and Josh - Page 2 Empty Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:27 pm

markat53

markat53

If Andi is/was a true Alpha female, she would have no need to belittle her man. She would be more secure than that. So ... those "joking remarks" appear to be a true sign of insecurity. JMHO. I still believe that somewhere down the road, when Andi grows up, she is going to realize what a big mistake it was to let this man get away. He is a good man with a big heart.

53The breakup of Andi and Josh - Page 2 Empty Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:12 pm

teenamarie

teenamarie

I agree and I think you ladies are pretty much spot on with your break up analysis. I think the same aggressiveness we saw from Andi on the show that grated on some people's nerves perhaps grated on the Murrays after the show and maybe even Josh. I guess once Andi and Josh got past the intial attraction phase, they realized something was lacking. I think they were both really smitten right after but once out of the bubble....we all know the rest...reality sets in. I still like them both and will be interested to see who they both end up with.

54The breakup of Andi and Josh - Page 2 Empty Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:26 pm

Mikesgirl83

Mikesgirl83

Still hoping they get back together somehow, they just seem so made for each other, but I will not obsess over it.

55The breakup of Andi and Josh - Page 2 Empty Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:58 pm

Minney

Minney

You ladies are so smart! I do think you've nailed it that the Andi/Murray family differences were a wedge in their relationship. The holidays brought a lot of family time and maybe it became apparent that it just wasn't going to work. Josh was never going to choose between Andi and his family, and he shouldn't have to. I do think Andi may regret the breakup down the road.

57The breakup of Andi and Josh - Page 2 Empty Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:11 am

TNGirl

TNGirl

teenamarie wrote:I agree and I think you ladies are pretty much spot on with your break up analysis.  I think the same aggressiveness we saw from Andi on the show that grated on some people's nerves perhaps grated on the Murrays after the show and maybe even Josh.  I guess once Andi and Josh got past the intial attraction phase, they realized something was lacking. I think they were both really smitten right after but once out of the bubble....we all know the rest...reality sets in. I still like them both and will be interested to see who they both end up with.

Teena, you're looking mighty fine this evening.  Loving the new avi.  

Is it time for everyone to change up their avis for the new episode tomorrow night?  jump for joy

ETA:  Following Teena's lead, I changed my avi to someone Bachelor related.  Maks was The Bachelor Ukraine.  I still have nightmares since watching that series.  gah

58The breakup of Andi and Josh - Page 2 Empty Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:27 am

nutty1

nutty1
Admin

I cannot bear to give up my kitty!

<---------

ETA….OK, just for a few days!!!!

59The breakup of Andi and Josh - Page 2 Empty Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:16 am

teenamarie

teenamarie

Thanks TNgirl. I think that is a good one of him.

60The breakup of Andi and Josh - Page 2 Empty Re: The breakup of Andi and Josh Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:25 pm

nanamary

nanamary

Nutty, I like your new avi with the kitty and the rose!!!! I am sorry I don't play well with others - or get along and conform - but, I am keeping my Ashley and JP until a good one comes out I can beg, borrow, or steal of the three of them - Ashley, JP, and Ford1!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum